The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
WTB: 1983 and 1996 Collectors Series

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Mike S.
Posted 2012-10-04 11:11 AM (#459978 - in reply to #452092)
Subject: Re: WTB: 1983 and 1996 Collectors Series

Mike from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada here. I haven't been here at the forum for a while, so here is an update on the elusive 1983 Collectors Series Ovation for sale in my home town. I went back home on the last weekend in August 2012 for my aunt's 75th birthday. I phoned the lady who wants to sell this guitar.(Yes, I had another GAS attack! I AM GUITARDED!) She is NOT moving from her price($700.00 CDN), and I offered her $500.00 CDN. It was the best I could do. So, if any of you Ovation Fans are adventurous enough to cross the border for this particular piece.....?, you can e-mail me for more info here: mikegtr@sympatico.ca. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the guitar to post, and the lady in question seems to be, oh shall we be polite, (being in mixed company), and say "STUBORN!" She told me in person when I first tried out the guitar, a year ago, that she would like me to buy it, etc,etc., but, now I'm not so sure she wants to sell at all. Just thinkin' out loud. How do Ovation Fan Club Members view this situation?
Michael R. Seguin
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2012-10-04 1:19 PM (#459984 - in reply to #452092)

I probably told you my view a long time ago. I bought one for $375 about 5 years ago, when it was more of a seller's market. They are the least "elusive" of the collectors, since they made more 83s than any other collector. It was the first supershallow bowl and sounded just like my SSB Custom Balladeer that I sold to Numbfingers. The only reason I paid as much as I did (besides the GAS attack) was that I had an 87 for my daughter born in 87, but didn't want to give my daughter born in 83 my 83 1537. Having their birth year on the necks of the guitars I gave them is cooler anyway. I'll stop thinking out loud now.
daguitaristz
Posted 2012-10-07 9:38 PM (#460103 - in reply to #452092)

I picked one up for about $450 or $500. Great guitar.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)