The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Possible WTB - Pacemaker

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

muzza
Posted 2013-06-25 3:58 AM (#472843)
Subject: Possible WTB - Pacemaker

I have a mule in the States at the moment that MAY be able to bring a git home for me. 

Damon's old ad that somehow got resurrected has got me gassing for a 12 fret 12 string to match my Folklore. 

Caveat is - I can ONLY go through with this if my mule can bring it back. He leaves on 17th July - not sure from where yet. 

So... anybody else out there got too many Pacemakers?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2013-06-25 7:29 AM (#472845 - in reply to #472843)
Subject: Re: Possible WTB - Pacemaker

How about something a little different. I've got a Glen Campbell 12 string but it's a bit of a mutt. When I got it, it was a 1969 12 string, with the original Kluson tuners, GC's signature on the headstock, not the trc and a body that was beat to hell. And I thought it sounded horrible. And played worse.

I didn't like the tuners so they went and it has the late 70's schallers. Then it went back to the factory. I had a whole new body put on it. Shiny fiberglass bowl, rosette from a custom legend, electronics from a FD14 (no controls on the body of the guitar). But the best part is the wood on the top --- ADIRONDACK SPRUCE! I got lucky. It's got a sound to kill for!

About 4 years ago, I had some friends over and had also borrowed a UTE 12 string from Noah, who lives nearby. We sound tested those two guitars along with my Adamas I 12 ("Big Blue". Ask me which of the three guitars I liked better, and, well, don't push me about it. All sounded great. Slight differences, but you couldn't say one was better than the others or one was worse. I could easily live with any of the three as my only 12 string.

The best sounding GC/Pacemaker 12 string I've ever heard!

I'm keeping Big Blue. Had it for almost 20 years and there's a huge emotional attachment to it. But I'll let the GC 12 go for $750. Just got an 08 Mustang Bullitt and I need to pay down the note. Got two other guitars to sell also.

Muzza, if you want pics, I'll figure out how to post them or get somebody to. And I'll start a thread in the "For Sale" section for the pics. Let me know if there's interest.

Edited by moody, p.i. 2013-06-25 7:31 AM
muzza
Posted 2013-06-25 7:36 AM (#472846 - in reply to #472845)

I could be interested Paul. More than I was hopin to pay, but it all revolves around my mule giving me the OK anyway. 

I'm gutted that I missed Damon's for only $400. 

Is your GC/pacemaker a 12 fret?

muzza
Posted 2013-06-25 7:38 AM (#472847 - in reply to #472843)

Email me pics anyway.

muzza (at) muzza (dot) net
moody, p.i.
Posted 2013-06-25 8:03 AM (#472848 - in reply to #472843)

It's a 12 fret. Give me a day on the pics. They won't be Damon quality, but they will show the guitar. Wish you could hear it.
AstroDan
Posted 2013-06-25 9:14 AM (#472849 - in reply to #472845)

immoody - 2013-06-25 7:29 AM How about something a little different. I've got a Glen Campbell 12 string but it's a bit of a mutt. When I got it, it was a 1969 12 string, with the original Kluson tuners, GC's signature on the headstock, not the trc and a body that was beat to hell. And I thought it sounded horrible. And played worse. I didn't like the tuners so they went and it has the late 70's schallers. Then it went back to the factory. I had a whole new body put on it. Shiny fiberglass bowl, rosette from a custom legend, electronics from a FD14 (no controls on the body of the guitar). But the best part is the wood on the top --- ADIRONDACK SPRUCE! I got lucky. It's got a sound to kill for! About 4 years ago, I had some friends over and had also borrowed a UTE 12 string from Noah, who lives nearby. We sound tested those two guitars along with my Adamas I 12 ("Big Blue"). Ask me which of the three guitars I liked better, and, well, don't push me about it. All sounded great. Slight differences, but you couldn't say one was better than the others or one was worse. I could easily live with any of the three as my only 12 string. The best sounding GC/Pacemaker 12 string I've ever heard! I'm keeping Big Blue. Had it for almost 20 years and there's a huge emotional attachment to it. But I'll let the GC 12 go for $750. Just got an 08 Mustang Bullitt and I need to pay down the note. Got two other guitars to sell also. Muzza, if you want pics, I'll figure out how to post them or get somebody to. And I'll start a thread in the "For Sale" section for the pics. Let me know if there's interest.

Nice! Admit it, Woody. You remember the dyno vid from Stonebobbo's "Fast cars and guitars" thread.

muzza
Posted 2013-06-27 3:52 AM (#472891 - in reply to #472843)

Um, Woody's not chimed in on this conversation yet...

Paul, I'd love to be able to say I helped a mate buy a Mustang Bullit. Wow! What a beast of a car. If I could own any car in the world, it'd be a toss up between one of those and an AC Cobra.

What other guitars are you selling? My mule may be interested...
mcthumber
Posted 2013-07-01 10:36 AM (#473033 - in reply to #472843)

Muzza.

I sent you a PM. Did it get to you?
muzza
Posted 2013-07-01 6:07 PM (#473036 - in reply to #472843)

Yes. Sorry for not replying. It was right at the moment when my mule informed me that he couldn't bring a guitar back with him.

Unfortunately, posting O's to Australia is exhorbitally expensive, so unless we can find a traveller to bring one back, it's not viable.
mcthumber
Posted 2013-07-02 7:18 AM (#473060 - in reply to #472843)

No worries.

For those wondering, I offered Muzza a 1615-4. If anyone else is interested, PM me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)