The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Tascam 414MKI

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Dad Roadie
Posted 2013-07-09 5:23 PM (#473243)
Subject: Tascam 414MKI

To All,
Recently went to a digital recorder that runs on batteries which works better for our clinic program. Offered my Tascam 424 MKII to recoup a little of my money and to find it a good home but didn’t have any takers so I’m going to list my other unit, a like new Tascam 414 MKI. I hope to sell one of the two. The 424 is still available.
The 414 was Tascam’s middle of the road cassette based Portastudio. With its 4 separate direct channels it’s really great for recording drums,vocals ,or groups.
The Tascam is like new and everything works. I will include my photocopy owner’s manual original power supply, and a new high bias tape.
Asking $80.00 plus a $20 ship (UPS). If under $20 I will refund the difference if over I will make up the difference. I don’t have a pay pal setup so this would need to be the old fashion money order type of payment. Can supply more detailed information on either unit to anyone if interested and I'm negotiable , just PM me. I will also include the Realistic Stereo Microphone at no extra charge with either recorder. The club has always been a great help and I would like to see one of these go to a good home! I got the Webmaster OK'd to post.
All the Best Dad Roadie

Edited by Dad Roadie 2013-07-09 5:32 PM

(tascam 414 web.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tascam 414 web.jpg (49KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2013-07-10 2:08 AM (#473255 - in reply to #473243)
Subject: Re: Tascam 414MKI

Hey DR.. If the 424 the one with the speed control (actual two speeds, not just pitch wheel) I think I know someone looking for one. Do you have a picture of the 424 ?
Dad Roadie
Posted 2013-07-10 6:59 PM (#473273 - in reply to #473255)

Hi Mr. Ovation,
There is a picture of the unit a page or 2 back in the for sale section.I believe I can post it here again also.
The 424 is the 2 speed version.If you have any questions just let me know and thanks again for the interest!
I do a lot of not for profit music programs for our school districts.We do a lot of recording of the students to help him learn their material. The new digital unit runs on batteries which helps a lot on certain occasions.Not trying to make a fortune on these units.I just want to find one of them a new good home and keep the other for a backup. I tried to price them very fairly but I'm negotiable. If you need a detailed sheet on either just PM me.
All the Best
Dad Roadie

(tascam 424.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tascam 424.jpg (82KB - 0 downloads)
Dad Roadie
Posted 2013-07-10 7:02 PM (#473274 - in reply to #473243)
Subject: RE: Tascam 414MKI

Tascam 424MkII SPECS: Asking $100.00 plus $20 ship

· 4 XLR mic preamps
· 6 channel strips & 1 stereo input
· 3 band EQ with sweepable mid on each channel
· 2 effect sends
· 3 3/4 ips high tape speed, and 1 7/8 ips normal speed
· dbx noise reduction
· Electronic transport for better tape handling
· Individual track outputs
· Separate I/O for mixdown deck connection & monitoring
· Optional RC-30P punch-in pedal
· The Tascam 424 MKII Portastudio is a 4-track "Multitrack Master" cassette tape recorder and a full-function mixer with 8 inputs/stereo outputs combined into a single workstation. The 424 MKII records on readily available standard (Philips) Compact Cassette tape, high bias Type II. The recorder has 4 tracks while the mixer has a stereo output; however, using the DIRECT feature you can record on any or all of the 4 tracks at one time. The 424 MKII's dbx Noise Reduction virtually eliminates unwanted tape noise. A special SYNC feature turns off the dbx on track 4 separately, making it possible to record and play back the MIDI sync tones or SMPTE/EBU time code without being affected by the dbx encode/decode. This ensures that the sync tones/code are recorded and played back without unnecessary processing. With proper operating techniques, it is not necessary to leave a guard band between music and sync tone tracks because of the low crosstalk of the TASCAM heads.
· The transport controls of the 424 MKII are microprocessor operated, allowing highly reliable functions that make the unit easier to use:
· * A three-point autolocator (MEMO/LOC 1 and 2 and RTZ) lets the tape STOP or PAUSE at, or PLAY from preset points.
* REPEAT allows a section to played over and over between the MEMO 1 and MEMO 2 points.
* REHEARSAL programs the 424 MKII to repeat a punch-in/out sequence as many times as you wish, and AUTO IN/OUT actually executes it on tape exactly as you "previewed" in REHEARSAL
* Two tape speeds offer HIGH for greater fidelity, and NORMAL for compatibility with standard cassette tapes.
* The tape speed can be increased or decreased with the PITCH CONTROL dial in both playback and record, to match pitch or for special effects.

Edited by Dad Roadie 2013-07-10 7:31 PM
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2013-07-13 5:48 AM (#473346 - in reply to #473243)

Hey DR, I just forwarded an email to someone who has been looking for one of these as he has some old tapes done on one he's like to recover.
Dad Roadie
Posted 2013-07-13 8:12 AM (#473347 - in reply to #473243)

Thanks Mr. Ovation,
PM me or let me know if I can answer any questions about either unit. I really want to find someone that will get some use out of the unit. I have used the 424 to record some really great student performances. The digital battery unit just gives me the chance to do this without a cord.
Have a Great Weekend and All the Best!!!
Dad Roadie
Dad Roadie
Posted 2013-07-17 5:24 PM (#473432 - in reply to #473243)

Sold unit locally.Thanks to all that responded.
Dad Roadie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)