The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
OCP-1K Pickup Problem

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> About my guitar...Message format

trekker
Posted 2018-08-22 5:07 AM (#544995 - in reply to #544950)
Subject: Re: OCP-1K Pickup Problem

Thanks for the link, Love O Fair. I'm drooling already!

I'm not an "Ovation-Only" kind of guy, nor am I an "USA-Only" kind of guy. As I said, I have a Seagull S6 and a nice Godin Empire that is their version of a Les Paul. Both are Canadian-made and great guitars for the money. I wish the 6868 had worked out, but it had to be right, ya know? We guitar players are OCD about our instruments. If it doesn't sound quite right, then we become jazz guitar players. Ha ha!

My Celebrity is my "beater guitar". Not that I will abuse it, I treat my instruments well. But having a laminate top (unlike my solid cedar S6), I won't hesitate to take it out in public or worry that it is "irreplaceable". The Chinese-made Celebritys (generally) don't get very good reviews: bad tuners, finish flaws, sharp frets, etc. That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one, but I would have to actually sit and play it, make sure it is okay. For me, the Korean Celebritys fit that niche between a beginner guitar and forking out the bucks for a USA-made Ovation that, from my financial viewpoint, would sort of need to pay for itself. Nevertheless, yes, I will be looking for a good deal on an upper tier USA-made Ovation and hope that it plays and sounds as good as my Celebrity. Ha ha!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
trekker
Posted 2018-08-22 5:50 AM (#544996 - in reply to #544950)
Subject: RE: OCP-1K Pickup Problem

All restrung and polished up:

Love O Fair
Posted 2018-08-22 10:26 AM (#545002 - in reply to #544950)
Subject: Re: OCP-1K Pickup Problem

Congratulations. Looking good :-)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)