The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ellem Ennopee

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Ellem Ennopee
Posted 2019-04-05 9:08 AM (#547568)
Subject: Ellem Ennopee

Weird post title right? It's the phonetic pronunciation of my real name.

My first intro to Ovation guitars was by way of a Preacher electric I snagged at a pawn shop many years ago. I felt like I basically stole it from the price I paid. Never even knew much about the brand. The pawn shop clerk told me they had a few Ovation acoustics, which he pointed out hanging behind the counter. I took note of the curious round back lute looking things there. I wasn't into acoustics then so I paid no attention. I was very impressed with the little Preacher during the ten or so years I owned it and sure do wish I'd held onto it. The Telecaster I replaced it with was a different animal I could never get used to. Only kept the Tele about a year. Then I started considering acoustics and remembered those round back guitars so a search began.

I started going to guitar shops around Dallas, TX and asking about them. Learned real quick there's basically only two views about them, very positive or abjectly negative. Most of the negatives began with the round shape not wanting to sit on one's lap. I figured a strap could remedy that and always used a strap anyway. My favorite strap is a representation of yellow crime scene tape. I like it because my playing is mostly a crime scene. Anyway, I finally found a dark sunburst Elite I think it was. It had lots of holes in the upper bout and a very different sound from anything else I tried out. I found it to be very pleasing for the fingerstyle play I was just getting into.

I kept that guitar a few years and finally traded it even up for a newer Balladeer the guy went to great lengths to point out was American made. I still play the balladeer almost every day and am thinking of getting a newer acoustic/ electric one. I need a little more volume to boost my career of annoying my neighbors from my apartment balcony patio.

That's it for me. I've been on this site a few times before reading all I could. I'm still confused about whether Ovations are still made in the USA? I've still got around two thousand dollars from a tax refund in my account that's going for my next guitar. I'm considering another of the multi soundhole ones as well. My taste in music is firmly rooted in 70's rock and I've been surprised by several videos I've seen of a lot of artists from back then who were playing Ovations. I've also become aware you don't see them very often anymore. I wonder why? I think they're fabulous guitars.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2019-04-05 10:29 AM (#547570 - in reply to #547568)
Subject: Re: Ellem Ennopee

Welcome to the club!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)