The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Factory Refurbished Guitar and Sound Hole Plugs

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

dpg0jod
Posted 2019-07-24 5:08 AM (#549482)
Subject: Factory Refurbished Guitar and Sound Hole Plugs

Hello everyone. My name is David and I'm in Winter Springs, Florida in the greater Orlando metro area. I have an Elite model 1768, serial 405378 FRG.

Is there any way to find out who the guitar was initially built for? My understanding is these FRGs were built for an artist to use in recording or touring and they would return the guitar to Ovation when the tour or recording period was over, where it would be refurbished and resold as a FRG. Any info would be appreciated. I bought the guitar used in Miami in 1992.

Also, does anyone know where I can fins a set of sound hole plugs for my guitar. It has the top and cutaway feather pattern.

Thanks for having me!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2019-07-24 12:50 PM (#549487 - in reply to #549482)
Subject: Re: Factory Refurbished Guitar and Sound Hole Plugs

Hello,
FRG stands for Factory Refurbished Guitar. It's generally a unit that went out but the dealer noticed something wasn't right and sent it back. A few things could happen at this point... If the flaw was minor, and likley non-cosmetic, it was repaired and would be FRG. They couldn't really sell it as new at that point, but there's nothing wrong with it anymore... so... FRG it is. If the flaw was visible, but not worth a repair, and this usually happened at Quality Control at the factory... it might get labelled as a Factory 2nd (2 stamped on back of headstock) and sold at a discounted price.

My 1st Ovation was a Factory 2nd. There was nothing wrong with it really. There was a finish flaw that you could see in the right light. It was an inexpencive guitar to start with so certainly not worth refinishing, so it was sold as a 2nd.

As far as sound hole plugs... Good Luck. They are no longer made, so your best bet is eBay or Reverb.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)