The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New to the forum

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

keldon85
Posted 2019-08-15 2:59 PM (#549594)
Subject: New to the forum

While I am new to this forum, I have been playing classical and electric guitar for about 50 years. I also have played around with building and modifying guitars (and a mandolin), and have a current project to rebuild an old (early 70s) 1617 Legend.

A couple of years ago I acquired an Ovation 1763 Classical (early 90s) to have an acoustic classical that sounded good plugged in and that had a cutaway for upper fret access. While it seems to be not quite as loud as my more expensive classicals, I realize that perception might change if I was listening in an audience rather than playing it myself, I have heard that is typical of Ovations. The 1763 is much less prone to feedback when amplified than my old Taurus with a PUTW Model 40 soundboard pickup, and it certainly sounds more acoustic than my Gibson CEC Chet Atkins classic-electric.

One issue that I still deal with is the tendency of the round back to cause the instrument to move around in my lap when practicing. I have found that a "Standing Ovation" fitting helps, even when seated, but that works best with a shoulder strap rather than a footrest or Dynarette. Anyone have another solution for keeping a deep body Ovation in a stable position when sitting down?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)