The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1983 Collectors Series 1983-B SN : 2310

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

otstratman
Posted 2020-06-20 3:45 PM (#552338)
Subject: 1983 Collectors Series 1983-B SN : 2310

Hello. My name is Dave Makowski and I own a 1983 Collectors Series 1983-B Serial Number : 2310. I bought my Ovation back on June 29, 1987 at Sam's Pawnbrokers, Inc. in Washington, D.C.. I have been playing it ever since. mine is 100% original and in "excellent" condition. I did have the battery relocated by my Luthier from the factory battery box to a Vlcro battery pouch which is positioned to the top left of the sound hole making battery changes extremely easy and simple. I really didn't want to modify my Ovation however I am a player and not a collector so I made sure this mod would be reversible. I have the battery compartment safely stored in the guitar case. He super glued the battery compartment screw in place so there wouldn't be a hole in the guitar. In retrospect I should have asked hi to leave the battery compartment in the guitar but it's fine the way it is and believe me changing the battery is way way easier. I absolutely love the look, fell, the way it plays, and the amplified tone a whole lot. I am currently running it through my Marshall AS50D Acoustic Amplifier and it sounds great. Has anyone else relocated their battery?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2020-06-20 6:25 PM (#552340 - in reply to #552338)
Subject: Re: 1983 Collectors Series 1983-B SN : 2310

those are difficult to access and get back together.
It was not a great design.
one of the best relocations I saw was on the back door of an adamas!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)