The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Tornado pickup question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> Ovation Electric GuitarsMessage format

Bill C
Posted 2021-04-26 12:33 AM (#555465)
Subject: Tornado pickup question

Back after many years away! But I still have my Ovations and just acquired a 1231 Tornado in immaculate cosmetic shape (though I will have to do a partial refret, first three frets have really serious divots). Anyhow...For you Storm series experts, what pickups does this have?

I will try to post a picture, if I can figure out how. They are single blade pickups with a square notch cut out below the B string, blade is surrounded by a black insert then a chrome outer ring with a single row of pole adjusting screws on the one side of the chrome bezel.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EBF07B0E-F22B-4856-A1E5-E77E8B054022.jpeg (788KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bill C
Posted 2021-04-26 1:10 AM (#555466 - in reply to #555465)
Subject: Re: Tornado pickup question

Okay, I will answer my own question. The Vintage Hofner web site has a section on dating vintage Hofners by pickups. It’s a very thorough write-up. This pickup almost certainly is a Schaller-made version of the Hofner 513. It’s identified as a Schaller by the use of the 511-type pickup mount rather than the Pix-made 513 housing. It’s a single-coil pickup.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)