The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation/Adamas should be doing this - (innovating)

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

FlySig
Posted 2022-10-03 10:22 AM (#557785)
Subject: Ovation/Adamas should be doing this - (innovating)

For me, and probably a lot of others here, the innovation and tech is part of what attracted us to O/A. Partly for the sonic results and partly for the artistic aesthetics, but also partly for the technology advancement itself.

Here's a company extending the science and engineering of electric guitars, touting the use of carbon fiber for fingerboards and aluminum neck structure. The bodies are either lucite or wood, carefully sculpted for tonal response. You can even buy just a neck, which are made to fit the standard Fender dimensions so you can build your own.

They've designed and built some of their own machines, and engage in lots of experiments to get the results they want. Sound familiar?

On their website you can custom configure a guitar or just a neck to your own desires. Imagine had the Ovation custom shop done that 10 years ago...

The video is 25 minutes long. https://youtu.be/h5yyQJ2mIiw
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Love O Fair
Posted 2022-10-03 6:55 PM (#557791 - in reply to #557785)
Subject: Re: Ovation/Adamas should be doing this - (innovating)

What attracted me to Ovations was being a thirteen-year-old who wanted the new cool stuff that Campbell played. It wasn't until a decade later that I even began to think in terms of technical design. But today there just aren't so many Campbells out there influencing the forefront like guitarist were in the 70's.. so I think these guys are on track with gaining interest among today's younger players and buyers since those younger players, themselves, are of a tech nature that we weren't into so much back in the day.. or at least anything that we had access to.. tonal wood or not. The kids today can study the tech in the palm of their hand at an given moment (ala videos like you posted) and assess their individual decisions on instrument design, construction and purchase, whereas we waited around for an occasional paper pamphlet to read in the music store. So yeah.. it's clear that Charlie was right all along and still is. This is definitely where it's going (again). Slowly, maybe, but still going.

Edited by Love O Fair 2022-10-03 7:08 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)