The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
CHANGING PICKUPS ??

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2007Message format

DEACON
Posted 2007-02-27 7:57 PM (#113032)
Subject: CHANGING PICKUPS ??

HELLO ! I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS EVER REMOVED THEIR BREADWINNER/DEACON PICKUPS AND SWAPED THEM IN FAVOR OF SOME OTHER BRAND OF ACTIVE PICKUP ? WOULD THE FET SYSTEM STILL FUNCTION ? I OWN 2 DEACONS , A BREADWINNER , & DEACON 12 - I'M JUST TOYING WITH THE IDEA OF MAYBE CHANGING THE PICKUPS IN ONE OF THE DEACONS TO SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE - PLEASE DON'T RUN ME OUT OF TOWN FOR THINKING IT ! IF I ONLY HAD ONE , I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT ! THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE/INPUT & INSULTS IN ADVANCE !
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tupperware
Posted 2007-02-27 8:15 PM (#113033 - in reply to #113032)
Subject: Re: CHANGING PICKUPS ??

Originally posted by DEACON:
THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR ... INSULTS IN ADVANCE !
OK YOU ASKED - GET YOUR KEYBOARD FIXED !!! READING ALL THOSE UPPER CASE LETTERS IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE.

To answer your question, yes it can be done. At least I've read others here who have put in new pu's in the deaconwinners. You'll get some advise (and insults).

Dave
MWoody
Posted 2007-02-27 9:03 PM (#113034 - in reply to #113032)

Talk to Tom at www.tvjones.com and see what he can do for you!

And yes, CAPLOCKS is for angry people and Department of Defensense Senoir Brass. Also for those with some sight issues but you should pave the path first.

MW
numbfingers
Posted 2007-02-27 9:32 PM (#113035 - in reply to #113032)

Almost any mini-humbucker will work (assuming you have the smaller pickups). I like a clean lower output pickup like a Bartolini or Duncan SM-1N, but pickup choices are purely subjective. TV Jones does offer lots of choices.

It isn't the pickups that are active, it's the preamp. I've used EMG active mini-humbuckers but not through the Ovation preamp.

You'll need to make some sort of an adapter to match the mini humbucker mounting to the holes in the Ovation pickguard. Whatever you do, don't drill extra holes in the original guard. Make sure you keep track of the original pickups for later reinstallation. Sorry if this seems obvious, but I hate seeing butchered O's with missing parts.

-Steve W.
brainslag
Posted 2007-02-28 10:21 AM (#113036 - in reply to #113032)

Tweak your amp knobs. That'll give you a different sound! :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)