The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Member, New vintage Ovation

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

george_the_mule
Posted 2016-02-19 8:41 AM (#522348)
Subject: New Member, New vintage Ovation

Hi All!

I'm not new here, exactly; I have owned various Ovation guitars for years, and have visited your forum as a guest as it's a great resource.
Now I'm here officially, to gloat ;-)
My current, and sole surviving Ovation is a Balladeer Artist 1121-4; a pleasant, easy-playing instrument with a surprisingly big sound.
Just recently, I found it's brother, a Balladeer Artist Classic (nylon) 1122-4 on the Guitar Center website, for the somewhat astonishing price of $150, with the original hard case, no less! Bought it on a whim, and they got it to me in a matter of days. The guitar arrived yesterday, in even better-than-advertized condition, and is one of the easiest-playing guitars I have ever picked up; well trained, I guess. And it sounds great.
Let the elite sneer; the old Ovations are just special, and this one is even special-er; my new favorite.

Steve

Guild F-50-R
Martin A/E 12-string
Ovations as noted
Various Uke's, a Guitarlele, a banjo (the operation of which has eluded me), and a very old mandolin (that I haven't even tried to learn)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)