The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Yeah, I'm a newbie

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Yakima
Posted 2011-10-28 1:37 PM (#687)
Subject: Yeah, I'm a newbie

I am new to the Ovation Fan Club. Just learned about it while trying to verfy a 1982-3 Ovation Celebrity I found for sale. I did learn it was a real Ovation so bought it. (thank you Ovation for helping me) This is my second Ovation, but first hard body. My other is a sunburst Legend 1717 I bought in 1995. It is a 1992 model but sat in the dealer for 3 years when I found it. Best thing I ever bought!! Both look like they have never been played. I think I'm begining to be a collector.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2011-10-28 2:57 PM (#688 - in reply to #687)
Subject: Re: Yeah, I'm a newbie

Good luck with the collector thing. You'll find out there are hundreds of Ovation models and several fans in the Northwest who occasionally get together for a jam. Welcome.
Yakima
Posted 2011-10-30 5:49 PM (#689 - in reply to #687)

Let me know when anyone is jamming. Sounds like fun. Well, I got the GTX-AR33-TR Celebrity home today. In the excitement of buying it, I didn't notice the three small clamps over the strings (on the head) are missing. So the hunt goes on for those peices. Boo hoo. It does look and sound nice. I've never played electric before, so figuring out the guitar/amp thing make take a little practice.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2011-10-31 1:14 PM (#690 - in reply to #687)

Are you talking about a locking nut or little T-shaped things that pull two strings down closer to the tuning pegs? I have both types on my Ultra GSs. The T-shaped things are used on Fenders and were real easy to find at the local guitar store (which has now closed). I don't think they are really necessary, but probably help hold the string down to the nut.
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2011-10-31 2:03 PM (#691 - in reply to #687)

Originally by Yakima:
I got the GTX-AR33-TR Celebrity home today. In the excitement of buying it, I didn't notice the three small clamps over the strings (on the head) are missing.
Lock nuts can be found rather cheaply on d'Bay...

Just pick your width and finish...
Yakima
Posted 2011-10-31 3:26 PM (#692 - in reply to #687)

Good news!!!! I took it to the local dealer, which also is an Ovation dealer. They had everything I needed to make it new again. The volume pot was bad too. Thank you everyone!!!
PS......the repair guy couldn't remember the last time he saw an Ovation hard body. The other three didn't even know Ovation made hard bodys. I think there will be some pick'n and grin'n before I get it back.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2011-10-31 4:50 PM (#693 - in reply to #687)

Congrats Michael. As a newbie Ovation Hardbody fan from Washington, you have to get up to Mount Vernon to meet Miles. His collection, even after his recent sales, will knock your socks off.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2011-10-31 5:11 PM (#694 - in reply to #687)

we need pictures :) Post'em someplace (the link to the OvationFanclub Social network at the top of the page is a good place) and link to'em.

Yeah, I still have a few.... too many probably.. hard bodies and solid bodies.

Here's a link to me current collection.
http://ovationfanclub.ning.com/photo/albums/my-current-collection
Yakima
Posted 2011-10-31 8:12 PM (#695 - in reply to #687)

MT VERNON!!!?? Good ol Mt Vernon. I spent a ton of time on a farm on Shaw Is. In fact, my dad still lives there. Small world. We go up there for the Oyster Run and Tulip festival. Then head to Lynden for Strawberry Rubarb pie at Dutch Mothers. Best I ever had!!
You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy. I'll hollor the next time I head up there.
When I get the Celebrity back I'll see if I can figure how to post pictures of both.
PS....I only have two & thought that was a lot. LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)