The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Saddle for Ovation Balladeer 1861

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Mark G
Posted 2011-10-02 8:07 PM (#768)
Subject: Saddle for Ovation Balladeer 1861

Mine guitar is great; I love it! I haven't played for years due to arthritis and starting to get back at it ... and my saddle came off during a string removal (oopps.. no strings left - better go to the store next weekend)... Next weekend comes and the new strings don't work - saddle is MIA, no wonder hahaahha!

Now from everything I'm reading on the board so far the saddle is important and can be tricky with the pickup under the saddle. It appears as some have suggested here nobody sells them online and the places people here recommend look very interesting but they require dimensions for the saddle and I can't remember what mine even looked like (yes, we have looked everywhere) :)

I'm wondering if anyone with an 1861 model would be so generous to post a picture and some dimensions here - or if anyone has any other suggestions. My only idea is to take it to a local guitar store which charges $50 to shape one to work with my Ovation. That's certainly an option.

Thanks for any hints!

Mark
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Auriemma
Posted 2011-10-18 3:43 PM (#769 - in reply to #768)
Subject: Re: Saddle for Ovation Balladeer 1861

Mark... Welcome to the funny farm.

Might I suggest contacting Ovation Customer Service and having one shipped to you. They probably have them in stock and they are simple to install.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2011-10-18 3:51 PM (#770 - in reply to #768)
Subject: Re: Saddle for Ovation Balladeer 1861

There's one on ebay right now....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)