The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Thinking of buying but where?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

derby
Posted 2003-12-29 4:37 PM (#198862)
Subject: Thinking of buying but where?

New this forum and from my first few hours of reading its really great. Looking to buy an Ovation 12 string preferably, just so unsure who to go with. Maybe like some I check out the auction sites but am a bit leary of factory reconditioned guitars. Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369071864
Not sure what to ask in an email or phone call that would give me the information that you or I would want to know... At face value does this seem like a good deal.

Thanks..
I'm new and not really that informed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stellarjim
Posted 2003-12-29 4:47 PM (#198863 - in reply to #198862)
Subject: Re: Thinking of buying but where?

I own one of these and absolutely love it. Like playing a baby grand and it has sustain like a good electric. I don't play in a band but my daughter likes to sing so we frequently have live Karaoke with my Adamas 1598. It's pretty cool and a lot fun.
WAOvation
Posted 2003-12-29 6:33 PM (#198864 - in reply to #198862)

Derby - I recommend you give Al Pep a buzz and see what he's got. New or used he's a great source to purchase from. Check out the unique Ovation instruments he has on his web site at:

http://www.lostartvintage.com

If he doesn't have what you're looking for send him an e-mail. He can give you a good price for a factory fresh guitar with factory waranty. I purchased an Ovation from him and it was shipped from NJ to my WA State address with no problems. You can e-mail Al Pep at Alpep@aol.com . Good luck!
mikey2
Posted 2003-12-29 11:56 PM (#198865 - in reply to #198862)

I bought my Ovation from Al Pep. He had an instrument on ebay and I used buy it now to purchase. He shipped the same day and the deal was exactly as advertised. I don't know him but I did telephone him to consumate the deal. I have no interest in you buying from him, just passing along my experience. This was my 1st Ovation and I love it!
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2003-12-30 8:16 AM (#198866 - in reply to #198862)

I agree! Check with Al (the 5th Teletubbie).. I acquired my 2001 Collector's from him and would NEVER HESITATE to buy from him again... he's honest,forthright,man-of-his-word,reliable,good prices... what more could anyone ask?

tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)