The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Dissappointed

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

JeffreyD
Posted 2006-01-05 12:21 PM (#271120 - in reply to #271095)
Subject: Re: Dissappointed

**UPDATE**

Talked to Nathan "guitargod" at Music Machine in Kennewick today. He said the Adamas is all set up, no problems and was ready to go for $39.95 (plus sales tax). He didn't note any issues, so now it is a matter of getting my buns up there to pick it up. Either tonight or tomorrow. We shall see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-01-05 1:41 PM (#271121 - in reply to #271095)

I hope it is money well spent. I'm sure it is. Now you can show my wife that I really need an Adamas.
JeffreyD
Posted 2006-01-05 9:46 PM (#271122 - in reply to #271095)

Adamas is home.

Nathan said he not only straightened out the neck, but "lowered the nut and bridge a bit", whatever that means (I took out all the shims?).

Anyway after all this is done...................

SSSSWWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a different guitar. Absolutely perfect set-up and nearly as easy to play as my electric all the way up to doing bar chords on the 14th fret. Not buzz and the prior problem I had with my finger hitting the high e inadvertantly is almost completely gone. The balance has to be just the thinner neck and me relearning some technique. Only happens on one or two chords and just barely.

It absolutely changed this instrument into a work of art.

The owner of the store was there. Said he didn't like Ovations (they are a dealer, but only by special order) because he couldn't get comfortable with the round back, but he admitted the Adamas was a lot nicer guitar than he remembered (in his stacked deck of Taylor and Martins). So....not bad all in all.

I am pleased with the $40 investment and can't wait to get her back into church.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement everyone
tdeej
Posted 2006-01-05 10:51 PM (#271123 - in reply to #271095)

Sure glad to hear you have a likeable setup now. I really have enjoyed my w598 and am GAS'n for one of the new deep bowl models with the new electronics.
Waskel
Posted 2006-01-06 6:26 AM (#271124 - in reply to #271095)

Originally posted by Waskel:
I have a good feeling about this, Jeff.
Man, I love it when I'm right. :D

Now we need to find time to meet up and see how they sound together!
JeffreyD
Posted 2006-01-06 9:27 AM (#271125 - in reply to #271095)

I have a good feeling about this, Jeff.
Man, I love it when I'm right. :D

Now we need to find time to meet up and see how they sound together!
You're right. Adamas and Goldwings somewhere in the middle at high noon on a sunny spring day. Maybe in the Columbia River Gorge somewhere? :D
Waskel
Posted 2006-01-06 11:11 AM (#271126 - in reply to #271095)

My wife and I stayed at the Skamania Lodge for our anniversary in October. On the way back we took the Historic highway past all the waterfalls, and stopped at the Vista House. This place was built in the 30's, and recently restored. Dome shaped, nothing on the top floor but lots of air surrounded by glass and marble. I asked the guard if he would mind me playing my guitar in there, he said sure.
Wow. What a cool sounding room. Long, rich reverb, almost approaching echo. We should meet there.
JeffreyD
Posted 2006-01-06 12:54 PM (#271127 - in reply to #271095)

My wife and I stayed at the Skamania Lodge for our anniversary in October. On the way back we took the Historic highway past all the waterfalls, and stopped at the Vista House. This place was built in the 30's, and recently restored. Dome shaped, nothing on the top floor but lots of air surrounded by glass and marble. I asked the guard if he would mind me playing my guitar in there, he said sure.
Wow. What a cool sounding room. Long, rich reverb, almost approaching echo. We should meet there.
I am quite familiar with it. Have stopped to visit it several times in the past year to show others. So....anyone else wish to join us for a "Jam at the Vista House" outside of Portland Oregon this year. After that, we can move a few miles more to the East and maybe sit by Multanomah Falls while picking and grinning too!
dvd
Posted 2006-01-06 1:40 PM (#271128 - in reply to #271095)

You forgot to mention the view...

Weaser P
Posted 2006-01-06 1:55 PM (#271129 - in reply to #271095)

Now that's just stunning. And with a acoustic playing in the background? Niiice.
Waskel
Posted 2006-01-06 2:11 PM (#271130 - in reply to #271095)

Nice pic, Jeff. Weas, the acoustic was playing in that building.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-01-06 2:13 PM (#271131 - in reply to #271095)

I've got a few pictures from the Vista House, but in mine, these Porsches kept getting in the way. I doubt I get over there until maybe spring break. David in Forest Grove is just a couple miles from my parents in Hillsboro.
dvd
Posted 2006-01-06 4:04 PM (#271132 - in reply to #271095)

I can't claim credit for the photo. I couldn't find one of my own so I linked to one from the vistahouse.com website. It's always fun to show off the Gorge to flatlanders.. :-)

Mark, small world! I grew up in Hillsboro. Had to move to FG to find an affordable house!
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-01-06 6:35 PM (#271133 - in reply to #271095)

My sister has lived there since the 70s, west of the airport. Had farm land all around her until recently. Now there's a huge subdivision north of her and an Intel plant and a bunch of other stuff between her and he airport.
My parents moved there in the late 80s just south of the fairgrounds on Brogden. That place sure has grown. My daughter is at UP and is leaning toward living there after college, if there's any room left.
tdeej
Posted 2006-01-06 7:32 PM (#271134 - in reply to #271095)

Pick a date, I'll try to be there. My sister is in Aloha and we often travel over to visit.
xnoel
Posted 2006-01-06 10:30 PM (#271135 - in reply to #271095)

You guys are making me want to go to Oregon, my wife grew up in The Dalles. The gorge is beautiful. She has a large picture hanging on the wall of the native americans fishing on platforms in the dalles before the dam was built.
Jkf_Alone
Posted 2006-01-11 2:38 PM (#271136 - in reply to #271095)

i love my Dean markley alchemy strings. i played elixer nanos for years and while they sounded wonderful and felt great, the deans have a much more complex tone than any string ive ever played. and they stay bright LONGER than my elixers ever did. only problem is they're not as soft on the fingers as elixers, but hey no biggy there. oh and there actually available around me too, nanos i have to drive at least an hour for.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)