The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Custom-Shop classical Adamas

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

playadamas
Posted 2009-05-08 12:49 PM (#292376 - in reply to #292351)
Subject: Re: Custom-Shop classical Adamas

The problem may have been in what a lot of people like to use the term "Classical" guitar when referring to "any" nylon strung acoustic guitar.

There have been a lot of memorable (or famous, whatever) songs (instrumental or vocal) played and heralded by their use of distinctive sound from nylon strung acoustic guitars. I believe Ovation nylon strung guitars are more appropriately associated with this type of music.

Charlie Byrd, John Williams did use Ovation guitar back in the '80s I believe. However, except for the original model, the later ones have narrower neck and 12-fret clear. That maybe a good indication of its more appropriate place in the instrument roster.

To be fair, you cannot possibly compare a high grade classical guitar (starts at around $5000) with any of these less expensive acoustic nylon strung models. But if you compare the likes from Yamaha, Godin, Taylor; Ovation (Viper nylon especially) is way better. Obviously, IMHO that is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2009-05-08 12:59 PM (#292377 - in reply to #292351)

playadamas? playadamas?

Didn't you used to post here occassionally? You should post a pic of your Adamas nylon string.

Actually, as I read your post the thought that came to mind (and it is part of your point) is that there's a difference between classical guitars and nylon string guitars. My 1773LX, while a nylon string, is not a classical guitar. Never meant to be....
playadamas
Posted 2009-05-08 7:07 PM (#292378 - in reply to #292351)

I would if I had permission from the "ultimate" owner of that Adamas nylon prototype... and you know who I am talking about.

Exactly, nylon string acoustic guitar is not the same as a classical. On the same token, flamenco guitar is not the same as a classical, even though they look almost identical to each other. Completely different beasts. They are all different, and made to serve their particularly intended instrumentalists.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2009-05-08 8:45 PM (#292379 - in reply to #292351)

Originally posted by playadamas:
I would if I had permission from the "ultimate" owner of that Adamas nylon prototype... and you know who I am talking about.

Given....
Charlie Ramon
Posted 2009-06-07 2:37 PM (#292380 - in reply to #292351)

Sold for $3k.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)