The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Adamas I 6 & 12 strings etc. for sale

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Northcountry
Posted 2006-03-01 9:36 PM (#330626 - in reply to #330601)
Subject: Re: Adamas I 6 & 12 strings etc. for sale

Well you did pick the fight. And you have posted as many times as I....

So if understand what your saying Ebay is a good place to find a current value. ??? That was what I was saying...Huuuummm interesting??? I thought you said this was wrong??? I am sure no one of a resonable mind would think a $158 dollar deal is a fair evaluation of any guitar market??? Nice example though... What do you take Myself and Mike for Paul.. Yeah you insult us both by thinking for one second we are not able to conduct business without your help. So Thanks for the help Paul. We know how to average sales on ebay. We also know the retail price in a guitar store is high. and someone selling private sale should be somewhere in between these two variables. Am I wrong? Please tell me?? We would not know how to function without your help Paul?????

I'll let you know how it works out for Mike and I.
Wait till Mike see's this.... he is going to chew us both a new one! I'll probably loose my chance to make a deal. He has been sick and I am sure he is sleeping now..but he will not be happy with this. Thanks Again
Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2006-03-01 9:51 PM (#330627 - in reply to #330601)

Can you?? guys put it on hold??? for a few?? minutes while I refill my drink??? and get some more popcorn??

Dave

PS - I love a controversy that I'm not part of. Yet.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-03-01 10:17 PM (#330628 - in reply to #330601)

I was just thinking that this is too much like work. I get in the middle of plenty of fights there, but one of the fighters usually pays me to fight for them.
Other than the obscenities and name calling, both of you have valid points. The market is what the market is. I hate ebay. I have only had one good deal on a guitar from ebay and that's because the seller didn't know what he had. That's not an indication of market value. My best deal on a guitar was off this board. Randy, I've never sold a guitar on ebay. The good thing about it is the shear volume.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2006-03-01 10:31 PM (#330629 - in reply to #330601)

But which Paul is the prick???? Me or Temp? Maybe both?
Northcountry
Posted 2006-03-01 10:53 PM (#330630 - in reply to #330601)

I am sure your not lying whan you say you have not sold on ebay Mark? That's great. Many in here have bought and sold on ebay. And I am not a bottom feeder nor are they, as Mr. Templeman suggests, for doing so. Would you not agree? Ebay fetches good prices at times. And some of us actually need to sell a guitar or two in a hurry from time to time. Can't do that anywhere else like Ebay..... If you have never had that need then My hat's off to ya.
How would you feel if you were selling or buying a guitar in here and a member piped in with a comment that was not beneficial to either party. I have a right to take offence. Paul is out of bounds here. That's all I am saying.
Have an $1100.00 bid in on ebay and a $425 bid. Also working a deal with Al and perhaps when Mike feels up to it and sends some photo's I will try to hash out a deal with him. Sorry for defending myself. but I am going to buy a Legend of some kind in the next few days. If it is an ebay auction and it is what I want then hey I'm a bottom feeder I guess. If I buy one in here I'll keep it to myself. who cares anyway.
I have to look at the old posts I think I remember some guy (several actually) asking what his custom legend was worth and a bunch saying it was worth around 400.00- $500.00 or so?? If I have the time I will try and find it I think there are several. I will relay this information on to Mike when he gives me his price. THen we will see what Ebay averages out to. And then we will see what Paul wants for one? And we will see what is the true value. Or perhaps Mike and I can just come up with a price that works for the both of us without all this outside influence. Or is this not the way it's done anymore.

Now in case no one noticed. ??? I have two guitars up for sale and I am asking fair prices for them. I figured out these prices all by my silly little self. These prices reflect Ebay prices. If they reflected a dealers used guitar price they would be in some cases more than $100 dollars more ea. I like my prices. It is what I paid for the Legend and less than what I have in the GS. Now Paul you seem interested in guitars that are for sale in here. Did you have anything to say that might ruin my sale in some small way?? Might just as well get it out of your system now.
Randy
Englishplayer
Posted 2006-03-02 8:45 AM (#330631 - in reply to #330601)

Wow, we usually do not get this type of ill feelings. It's cool. Personally, I love getting garage sale prices for something I want. Fair market price?? What the hell is that? An Item, any item, is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. A manufacturer can say this is the msrp, and a book somewhere can say it's worth $XYZ, and people on this forum can say a model 123 custom legendary elitest balladeer is worth $ABC, but none of that really matters if you can't find someone willing to spend the money on it. To say Ebay has no say in "market value" isn't very realistic, either. When ma and pa guitar seller tell me that internet prices and return policies aren't realistic in the market, I usually start laughing. Frequently, I see guitars offered here (at a special member price) to our forum members first, no bites, then they sell on ebay for less than was offered here. So, what was the market price? Is it what the seller thought it was worth, or is it the actual selling price? Ok, now you all can call me names also! Let's not lose track of the fact that this thread started with someone offering guitars for sale? Anyone interested?
Designzilla
Posted 2006-03-02 10:14 AM (#330632 - in reply to #330601)

Would anybody like to buy a $255,000 Martin?
Waskel
Posted 2006-03-02 10:20 AM (#330633 - in reply to #330601)

Darn, 'zilla. Why didn't you offer it here yesterday? I just spent my last $255,000 on Ebay...
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-03-02 10:30 AM (#330634 - in reply to #330601)

I guess I should have said I have a love-hate relationship with ebay. I'm trying to give it up for Lent. I'd much rather buy something I can see and play, but that's just not possible here in the sticks, so I'm glad I discovered ebay and this forum about a year ago.
And Randy, I'd love a Legend and I love my GS, which I think I paid too much for on ebay, but my wife is forcing me to be practical. Good luck with your sales.
Standingovation
Posted 2006-03-02 10:52 AM (#330635 - in reply to #330601)

The market price is set by the BUYER, independent of where he chooses to buy. You can use ebay as a rough barometer of what those types of shoppers (ebay buyers) are willing to pay for a certain item. Nothing more, nothing less. Weather you LOVE or HATE eBay is not even part of the discussion - To each their own. My friend buys Titlest golf balls at a chi-chi golf boutique proshop because he "likes" the place. I buy exactly the same golf balls for $6. less at Wal-Mart. So what's the market price of the golf balls ???

Back to the topic of this thread. Mike has some nice stuff for sale. I have known him personally (face to face) for 4 years and have played (I think) ALL of his guitars. Although he has so many it's hard to be sure. Whoever buys from Mike will pay a fair price for a great instrument.

Dave
Northcountry
Posted 2006-03-02 12:28 PM (#330636 - in reply to #330601)

OK I am off the possible buyers list. I was in a hurry of sorts. Did not get any photo's to look at so I bought one from Al. His #64 on his list. Nice cutaway. All is well that ends well I guess. Anyone still interested in some nice Ovations contact Michael.
Sorry for the words Paul You got me pissed for some reason? No worries.... I'll not mention Ebay in a sale thread again....if you don't take my Goat down the street and kick him the whole way????? Fair enough?

Randy
moody, p.i.
Posted 2006-03-02 12:46 PM (#330637 - in reply to #330601)

"and hick him the whole way"???

Randy, you have an interesting way of making peace with people. There's no way Temp would do that with a goat. Now Cliff with a llama is a different story....
Paul Templeman
Posted 2006-03-02 1:06 PM (#330638 - in reply to #330601)

Originally posted by moody, p.i.:
"and hick him the whole way"???

There's no way Temp would do that with a goat.
Hey, I'll try anything once.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-03-02 2:05 PM (#330639 - in reply to #330601)

Since we are on a more civil track, thanks Dave for reminding me about golf balls. I'm going to try to at least play 9 on Sunday. Fortunately, there are lots of bad golfers that subscribe to the marketing hypes. I lose cheap golf balls and find Titleists.
Waskel
Posted 2006-03-02 2:08 PM (#330640 - in reply to #330601)

"Gee, mine went in the woods somewhere. But look, there's a nice new one right by the green. Someone must have lost it..."

"...and it's a Titlest!"
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-03-02 3:27 PM (#330641 - in reply to #330601)

No, it's more like the question that was posed by one of my foursome to another: "Why does a shitty golfer like you use such good golf balls?" I'm a shitty golfer, but I don't use good golf balls and I wasn't the one asking the question, although I was thinking the same thing.
gulfcoast
Posted 2006-03-02 3:56 PM (#330642 - in reply to #330601)

Glad to see that everybody has kissed and make up. It was fun while it lasted, just like the old days. As for myself, I just haven't been able to bring myself to by a guitar from ebay. I have in the past ordered from elderly or mannys, but have a long and good relationship with both companies. I have friends who often bid and buy on ebay with good results, and have heard horror stories. This place is great because so many people know eachother personally or have done business in the past, and lets not forget having access to Al's shop. It's all good! :)
Designzilla
Posted 2006-03-02 5:00 PM (#330643 - in reply to #330601)

I have purchased 3 guitars from OFC members and one from eBay. They are all excellent guitars and I love them all equally (at least thats what I tell them). But I felt very confident in what I was getting buying from OFC members. I was kinda worried with the eBay purchase until I got it.

I'll do the eBay thing again if something comes up, but I know a few OFC members who have guitars for sale that I'd buy today if I had the cash!

BTW, as entertaining as it was, I'm glad to see everybody has kissed and made up. If ya'll really want to fight, go over to the Martin Board! :D
Northcountry
Posted 2006-03-03 7:50 AM (#330644 - in reply to #330601)

Well so you know there was no formal "Kissing" We just caught each others eyes for a moment.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2006-03-03 10:40 AM (#330645 - in reply to #330601)

actually there was a little kissing, but there wre no tounges involved.
Weaser P
Posted 2006-03-03 10:51 AM (#330646 - in reply to #330601)

...at least not until the llama showed up...
Northcountry
Posted 2006-03-04 9:58 AM (#330647 - in reply to #330601)

Hey Someone please contact Playadamas! He has some high end guitars! Mike I know will be after one of the Custom Legends but it will be a while until I pay for the proto purchase from Al.
I really needed something, like Yesterday, for a fairly big Gig we have going.

Randy
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)