The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Unknown Guitar

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

neil bowman
Posted 2003-03-23 6:28 AM (#343200)
Subject: Unknown Guitar

Hi,I've just bought an ovation and there is not a label inside (I suspect that some time in it's life it was stolen.I bought it from a regular shop though!)the s/no is 27---- so I presume'82. it looks identical however to 1983 collectors editon on kaman's website.Can anyone shed any light on what it is? Shallow bowl electric(vol&tone only)Full Metal schallers.Grey to black sunburst,round &diamond fret markers.It's in the repair shop getting set-up,when it's back i will post a pic'.any help gratefully received i don't even know model name.I suspect it's a balladeer though
regards
neil
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-03-23 9:33 AM (#343201 - in reply to #343200)
Subject: Re: Unknown Guitar

Neil:

You're going to have to post a picture. From the description, it does sound like a 1983 Collecters. But you would know it from the inlay at the 12th fret. Always a possibility that it could be a Celebrity in which case the seriel number isn't going to help at all in figuring out when it was built. You'd get closer by looking the the electronics. Are the volume and tone knobs stacked or side by side? The former might indicate a USA guitar, the latter a Celeb.

Post a pic.
neil bowman
Posted 2003-03-23 2:35 PM (#343202 - in reply to #343200)
Subject: Re: Unknown Guitar

Hi,Paul thanks for your reply.Iwill send a pic when I get it back from my guitar-tech (I know I should of taken it before,but I thought he'd know about it)He did say he thought it was USA.The vol&tone are stacked it doesn't have anything at the twelvth fret apart from normal inlays Ithink diamond and two dots(poss. the other way around)
Anyway Pic to follow in a week or so
regards
Neil
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)