The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
More Info on Thunderhead

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

wobble
Posted 2002-12-05 12:46 PM (#343510)
Subject: More Info on Thunderhead

Sorry 'bout that ! But I bought the Thunderhead in 1968 and the music stores in my area tell me it has no value above what I paid for it then. I dont believe this at all, it still has all original parts and pickups. If its not worth that much thats ok I still love it and wont sell it. But with a serial#A-889 its got to be antique and that always has a VALUE.
Thank You :D
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-12-05 12:48 PM (#343511 - in reply to #343510)
Subject: Re: More Info on Thunderhead

How much did you pay for it new?

If you're never going to sell, don't worry about the market value. At that point, it's priceless.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-12-05 1:59 PM (#343512 - in reply to #343510)

One thing nice about Ovations is that they at least hold their value. Some at any given point in time may be worth more to a buyer that's looking for something specific. For more information of values of instruments check the FAQ in the reference section.
wobble
Posted 2002-12-06 7:45 PM (#343513 - in reply to #343510)

Thanks " Moody,P.i." and Mr.Ovation your right it is priceless to me. I paid $500 in 1968,Ovation was a brand new company (as you know). We all have different senses of why we need to know the value of somethings in our lives and sometimes its just pride.
Thankyou
Bailey
Posted 2002-12-10 2:39 AM (#343514 - in reply to #343510)

Wobble

Go to the bulletin board and get into some of the discussions of these Ovation instruments and you will meet a group of people who know and value the quality and variety of these instruments over the years. If you enjoy your instrument, then you can brag about it, describe its features and generally have a good time with others with the same interests. Sometimes the question of the value in the real world of a rare and quality instrument such as yours leads to biblical quotes of "casting pearls before the swine".

Bailey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)