The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Glenn Campbell Artistic Balladeer made between Nov. 1967 and July 1968, natural color

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

ME
Posted 2002-08-04 8:59 PM (#343737)
Subject: Glenn Campbell Artistic Balladeer made between Nov. 1967 and July 1968, natural color

Hi there I am trying to find out the value of this guilar in mint condition. I told Miles the sory of how I got this Ovation numerous years ago. My brother enlisted in the Marines at the end of the Vietnam War and was sent to Japan. I had a folk guitar - nothing special and he had a Gibson Eletric/AMP. Since my little brother was on to lose things I told him he could take my folk guitar but if he lost it the Gibson Eletric/AMP_ became mine. Well, needless to say during his four year tour in the Marines he lost hte old folk guitar some place. So when he came home and told me he lost it I took the guitar and amp to the local music on the south side of Chicago and traded it in. I am rather petite so all I really wanted was a guitar that fit my body. I wondered around the store until I found this ovation. I am not even sure how much I paid for it now - it was about $220.00 in cash and the Gibson Eletric/AMP. I took classical guitar for awhile but never really mastered the instrument. But I have kept it all these years getting restrong and buy a very nich hardshell case to keep it safe. I took it out of the case today and the model # is 1127-4 and it has a serial number. It has on tiny dimple on the lower left hand side. I am not necessarily trying to sell it but I would like to have an idea of what it is worth. Anyone have any ideas???
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tdarensbourg
Posted 2002-08-05 7:18 PM (#343738 - in reply to #343737)
Subject: Re: Glenn Campbell Artistic Balladeer made between Nov. 1967 and July 1968, natural color

Can you post a pic of this guitar for all of us to drool over? This is most likely the Glen Campbell Artist, but we need to see if it has the "deep" bowl or the "medium-deep" artist bowl. Pics should be of front and back and of the neck/headstock. I'm sure all of us would appreciate them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)