The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
For Sale: Adamas 1687-5 Deep Six String Acous/Elec. Black

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Lauren
Posted 2002-07-26 10:46 PM (#343747)
Subject: For Sale: Adamas 1687-5 Deep Six String Acous/Elec. Black

I am offering my beloved ADAMAS 1687-5 for sale. Illness has brought me to the point where my guitar spends more time in it's case than not.

I am posting on the Ovation Fan Club board first as I would like to see this guitar go to a person who truly has an appreciation for this fine instrument.

As referenced before, this is Adamas model 1697-5 (made in 1981 according to the Ovation chart) standard six-string acoustic-electric neck width @ nut 1 11/16") The body is a "deep bowl" (6-1/16" deep Ovation Lyracord bowl). It is signed by C.W. Kamam II. The color is Black.

This guitar has had "moderate play". Only one service repair done in January of 2001. My cat knocked the guitar over (because the owner did not have the guitar in it's stand at the time). A tiny piece of the bowl coating was chipped off at the time.

I am from the Daytona Beach, FL area and had it repaired at Yancey's Music Center. The "surface blemish" as they termed it, was repaired. At the same time, the neck was reinforced where it met the body of the guitar. The neck repair was expected due to guitar age and use. The quality of the guitar sound was not affected by this. No discernable fret wear. Some wear on the neck surface due to amount of play.

Other than the above, I would say this guitar is in "near mint" condition. It comes with the original hard case (color: tan) and electric pick-up accessories.

I am asking $3,000.00. Should you desire any additional information or have any questions, you may post to the board and/or contact me by e-mail at [email]InfinitiMinus1@aol.com[/email] Please reference "Adamas" in the subject area. I can also be reached by calling (386) 677-8994.

Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner or digital camera. However, I shall try to get a picture to "Mr. Ovation" as soon as possible.

Any further feedback on this board is more than welcome! I enjoy reading, and, have learned alot from reading all of the posts here.

Thanks everyone!
Lauren
[email]InfinitiMinus1@aol.com[/email]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lauren
Posted 2002-07-28 2:34 PM (#343748 - in reply to #343747)
Subject: Re: For Sale: Adamas 1687-5 Deep Six String Acous/Elec. Black

28 July 2002: ADDENDUM TO MY ORIGINAL POST OF 26 July 2002

After another review of the Ovation Fan Club Sell/Trade board history, I found a post by alpep dated 24 June 2002 that referenced the going prices for an Adamas I in the range of $2100.00 - 2500.00 (unless there is something special about them). I have found other postings that reference the price for this model Adamas I 1687-5 (1981) within this range as well.

As a result, I feel it is only fair (as well as smart! lol) to list my Adamas 1687-5 for $2375.00.

I shall be putting this on e-bay on 29 July, 2002 as well.

Again, please e-mail me at [email]InfinitiMinus1@aol.com[/email] and reference "Adamas" in the subject heading. I now have a picture available and can forward this to anyone interested in e-mail as well as provide any further information or assistance.

Thanks (again)
~Lauren

[ July 28, 2002: Message edited by: Lauren ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)