The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Vadim here from Russia
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Vadim
Posted 2011-06-06 8:10 AM (#1474)
Subject: Vadim here from Russia

Hi my name is Vadim and as you can get from the title of a thread I'm Russian.

I've been on and off reader for a long time. It is great source of information on Ovation guitars and from what I noticed there are good people here. So I turn to you with a bad cause maybe but
Here (http://www.ovationfanclub.com/cgi-bin/ubb/non-cgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007306) in this thread there is a link to craigslist ad for 1984 Ovation Ultra GP (http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/2384665417.html)

This jerk who is selling 1984 Ovation Ultra GP
goes by the name Nicholas Licata. He scammed me into wiring him the
money for this guitar a year ago. I can provide a lenghty email
correspondence with this guy. I've got his bank info but haven't been
able to do anything to retrieve the guitar from him due to distance.

I swear I'm not shitting you. What
would you advise me to do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2011-06-06 11:46 AM (#1475 - in reply to #1474)
Subject: Re: Vadim here from Russia

You never got your money back, nor the guitar? Try contacting the Cleveland police department. This link has contact information for their various investigative departments (I'd suggest the Fraud division). The worst they can do is say no, that they're too busy.

Craigslist also has links for reporting scams, available here . I notice one of the links is to the Ohio Attorney General's office. You might even start there, since a featured link such as that indicates that office may actively pursue fraud complaints.

Your written English is very good (better than many Americans ;) ) so you shouldn't have a problem explaining the situation. If you have lots of documentation, that will help your case, and perhaps spur the authorities to pursue this individual.

Thank you for alerting everyone here about the potential scammer, and keep us updated on what happens. Good luck.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2011-06-06 2:55 PM (#1476 - in reply to #1474)
Subject: Re: Vadim here from Russia

I am going to lock this thread so it doesn't turn into something else... Excellent advise G8r and Vadim, please keep us posted if there are any updates...

Miles
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)