The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Black Legend GUITAR CRAFT

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Gizz
Posted 2002-07-17 5:52 PM (#343789 - in reply to #343764)
Subject: Re: Black Legend GUITAR CRAFT

Only difference, is I don't play it like he did, He'd have a fit if he'd see me do what I do with it :D
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bailey
Posted 2002-07-18 2:43 AM (#343790 - in reply to #343764)

Gizz

The banjo sound has been described as tin cans rolling down a hill, when plugged into an effects box as you describe, it sounds like tin cans, each one equipped with a Barcus Berry, being ground up in a very large blender as the blender rolls down a hill. It still sounds like a banjo.

Those Harmonys bring back memories (1st line of a song that I'll give away). Never owned one but they were around. I wish I could say they are older than me, but I joined the army when the first one came out. I think the army had Harmony arch top acoustics in the day rooms, but I'm not sure.

We should take up a collection and buy Al's guitar and pass it around between us as we take the GC training. It might tame some of the dangerous tendencies that are displayed by these postings, and after we master the system, we can have a concert with our one guitar showing the choreography and discipline that allows 400 members to each play a note in an instrumental written by a commitee of believers. We should recoup our investment if it is promoted properly.

FREE BEER TOMORROW
Bailey

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Bailey ]
Gizz
Posted 2002-07-18 5:27 AM (#343791 - in reply to #343764)

Do You Mean, US pull a Train on that GC of uncle Albert's. My, that poor thing could not take what I want to do to her, and it won't be no banjo treatment. Then again, I'd be glad to break it in if it has never been played like that. Later we could tie the cans on it THEN roll it down the hill and see how that puppy sounds. Of course we'd first wrap it in bubble wrap for effects. :rolleyes:
nearixson
Posted 2002-07-18 11:25 AM (#343792 - in reply to #343764)

1) The New Standard tuning is (low to high) C G D A E G. The D is the same as old standard tuning. The bottom three strings are the same as in "Low C" tuning.

2) My first electric was a Harmony. From the Sears catalog. The first riff I learned was 'working man' by Rush.

3) If you are interested in hearing Guitar Craft and New Standard Tuning, The League of Crafty Guitarists and the California Guitar Trio make great records.

-nathan
cliff
Posted 2002-07-18 11:48 AM (#343793 - in reply to #343764)

Prior to my recent vacation in NM & CO, I bought a couple handfuls of new CD's to make the rental car drive more bearable. On of the ones I bought was a California Guitar Trio "Live" album. Good stuff!!! Unbelieveable acoustic guitar work!
Two tracks that stuck in my mind was a version of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", and an absolutely BRILLIANT version of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony!!!
whew!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)