The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
help

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

MusicMishka
Posted 2011-03-03 9:32 PM (#355215 - in reply to #355190)
Subject: Re: help

OK, since I received the message from Denis and getting it translated by my wife, it looks like you all have been busy...patience works wonders.
Denis bought a 1758 from ebay and had it shipped to him in Moscow (remember: it's WINTER...).
The shipper shipped it fully tuned and between the tension and the cold, it warped the top and the bracing (Denis, they are called braces, not springs). In looking into this problem it was discovered that someone had changed the bracing to a 1755 bracing pattern from an Elite fan bracing...Denis has removed all shims and fully adjusted out the truss rod but it is still unplayable.
I would suggest sending it back to the original owner; contacting eBay about this if the owner does not want to make it right, and perhaps getting in touch with the factory to possibly have the guitar shipped for repair.
That's what the message said and thanks to Violetta for translating.
Denis, since you may not be able to understand this, Violetta is translating this back into Russian and forwarding it to you. Let me know what you decide to do; I will help getting it to the factory (we call it the mothership) for you,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MusicMishka
Posted 2011-03-03 9:48 PM (#355216 - in reply to #355190)

"And yet, if you look a mere several posts up, you'll see that Denis sent a private e-mail to MusicMishka's wife, just as I suggested."

Alan: The private message was for me: it was translated by my wife which I asked
Denis to do in my PM to him...earlier this morning.
Unless I miss the meaning of the word it's called PRIVATE Message for a reason.

But thanks for the belated and redundant suggestion...

BTW: thanks g8r and Moody for great suggestions and a great helping hand...very nice stuff...g8r that diagram is seriously good: "righty tighty, lefty loosy" was never illustrated better! Well done!
Denis
Posted 2011-03-04 3:42 AM (#355217 - in reply to #355190)

Thanks guys. Do not expect such a heated discussion. I am still difficult to understand, but I'm trying.
Denis
Posted 2011-03-09 2:39 PM (#355218 - in reply to #355190)

Here are pictures of my elite 1758 after repairs.

As promised.

http://www.radikal.ru/users/denis-mazaev/1758
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)