The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
14th Fret is too high

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Big Dan
Posted 2011-05-20 6:17 PM (#1551)
Subject: 14th Fret is too high

I was wanting to lower the action on my '78 Balladeer, so before I did anything, I checked the frets with a good straight-edge. I found that the 14th fret is higher than the rest. Also, there is a minimal tinny buzz when playing that fret especially on the high E. (Humidity has always been fine.) SO, what would be the simplest preferred method of resolving this? Tweaking the truss rod or leveling the fret?

Also Mr. Moderator, could I please get access to the General Forum? Thanks...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
standing
Posted 2011-05-20 11:29 PM (#1552 - in reply to #1551)
Subject: Re: 14th Fret is too high

Sounds like the fret has popped up a little. If it were me, I'd try a couple of light taps on the fret with a rubber mallet to try to reseat it before trying anything more invasive. Just be sure to put support under the neck and don't overdo it.

I solved a similar problem on an electric guitar over a year ago, and the fret has not popped back up (so far.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)