The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new member 97 collector owner

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

ovations
Posted 2011-05-16 12:49 AM (#1557)
Subject: new member 97 collector owner

I recently purchased my second Ovation guitar. About 25 years ago I found a basic but beautiful Ovation guitar in a local pawn store and bought it for its wonderful voice. I had to part with it later to pay for college tuition and books. My second Ovation is a 1997 Collector's edition. An unbelieveable sound from a parlor sized guitar. I wanted to know more about it so I called Ovation with the serial number and left a message for the customer service reps. Both john and kim returned my call (pretty good service)They were able to provide confirmation that the guitar was a 97 collector and I found that the neck width at the nut is 1 7/8" (wide neck version) and that only 233 of these were ever made. Thats all the info they could provide.
Does anyone know more about this model, it's history, value, true rareness and the real reason to offer two neck widths in this model?
Glad to be here and ready to learn more about these fantastic guitars.
Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2011-05-16 12:37 PM (#1558 - in reply to #1557)
Subject: Re: new member 97 collector owner

Hi ovations,

I just gave you access to the rest of the site. Why don't you ask your question in the "General" forum. You'll have more people looking at it.

There's lots of fans of those 97Cs, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Welcome to the OFC!

Damon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)