The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Legend, new owner of old guitar

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Doublecutter
Posted 2011-05-13 6:11 PM (#1571)
Subject: Ovation Legend, new owner of old guitar

Hello to all. I just came into possession of an Ovation Legend 1867 - my first Ovation. It looks to be about twenty years old, and the serial number reference tags it at 1988. It has OP24 on the top of the volume knob. This Ovation is not in very good shape. The bottom edge of the bridge is pulled away from the guitar's top by about an 1/8 inch, and there are stress cracks in the clearcoat. However, the top itself isn't pulled up. The neck appears to be fine. The original Ovation case, too, has seen some miles; it's pretty beat-up, but still functional. The gold machine heads are a little corroded, but are otherwise normal. I don't know if the electronics are good. My son has my amp, so I haven't had a chance to plug it in.

I'm not a serious player, but I enjoy fingerpicking a few songs on acoustic guitars. I took a chance on this guitar. It was $40 with the case, at a yard sale. After I clean it up, it'll be sent to a wonderful tech in South Jersey, by the name of Ernie Trionfo. If he says the guitar is worth putting some money into, then I'll ask him to fix the bridge and do a setup. I hope he can bring this guitar back to life. I'll post pics as soon as I'm able.

Cliff
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marenostrum
Posted 2011-05-14 1:04 PM (#1572 - in reply to #1571)
Subject: Re: Ovation Legend, new owner of old guitar

Cliff, welcome to the OFC and congrats on your new guitar. The surname of your luthier (Trionfo, Triumph) means a great success, so by a parallel, for sure your guitar will be a great one after being re-borned ..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)