The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation 1537 Elite and changing the battery.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

ovationscott
Posted 2011-05-10 9:58 PM (#1579)
Subject: Ovation 1537 Elite and changing the battery.

Hello everyone. Here goes my first post. So I finally got my hands on my dream guitar. A 1983 Ovation 1537 Elite. It's always been my dream guitar because it belonged to my grandfather and it's one fantastic guitar. I like to think that I'm a fairly intelligent person but I can't seem to figure out how to get the battery out to change it. I took the back cover off but I can't figure out how to get the battery out of the holder. Maybe I'm having a slow day or something but I'm baffled. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2011-05-10 10:47 PM (#1580 - in reply to #1579)
Subject: Re: Ovation 1537 Elite and changing the battery.

Welcome. Outstanding guitar, among the best to ever come out of New Hartford. Congratulations!

Have you removed the battery box? Stick your hand inside the guitar and hold it, then turn the screw at the waist of the guitar 1/4 turn left to loosen the battery box. Pull out the battery box (don't break the wires!) and slide the metal top off (kind of like a magnetic key box).

You should be able to just pry the battery up from one end, preferably the bottom (opposite the contacts), Use a butterknife or similar if you can't do it with just you fingernail.

Make VERY sure to note the pole orientation - those old battery boxes don't have different sized contacts for positive and negative terminals, jut metal strips, so it's easy to reverse the battery polarity if you aren't careful.

Reverse the process to secure the battery box and you're all set.
ovationscott
Posted 2011-05-14 12:14 PM (#1581 - in reply to #1579)

Thanks for the reply G8r. I always wondered what that screw was for that I kept seeing in other 1537 pics. Mine doesn't have the screw. I finally just ended up pulling the entire tone control out. The battery box is attached to the back of the tone control and there's no way to get the cover off without taking the whole thing out. I took some pics and it didn't even cross my mind to take a pic of the inside of the guitar. I'm getting old. They're not the greatest quality but here you go.

Guitsome
Posted 2011-05-18 8:09 AM (#1582 - in reply to #1579)

Nice guit, Scott. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. ;)
bvince
Posted 2011-05-20 4:43 PM (#1583 - in reply to #1579)

Congrats Scott! That model was MY first Ovation also, and I ended up finally getting another a little over a year ago. Of course that also launched me into the nasty little habit of Ovation GAS (Guitar Aquisition Syndrome), which has proven to be an ongoing source of contention between the spouse and I ever since.

Welcome to the Club!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)