The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Connecticut Ovation Gathering

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

AlanM
Posted 2009-04-28 10:07 PM (#417330)
Subject: Connecticut Ovation Gathering

Hi, All!

First, let me get one thing out of the way: huge apologies for being so absent lately. Work and personal life have had me absolutely flat out, and I have not sat down at the computer in weeks. Again, HUGE apologies to all.

Now about NExJam '09.

I think that in light of what Al has been able to pull together with Matt Smith, it might be best to postpone NExJam '09.

He and I discussed the possibility of a Matt Smith event a while back, and I told him that such a clinic would be something I would not want to interfere with.

I know that to attend both events would be difficult for many -- myself included -- and that the clinic would almost certainly be the most desirable event. Let's face it: here's an opportunity to learn form a great one! Also, I realize that Matt is moving away soon and that this may be the last reasonable opporutnity to do this on the East coast.

In addition, to add to the confluence of conflicting confabs, a few weeks back I learned that my niece is getting married on June 6, so I can't even make the event that I was hoping to organize!

Here is what I would like to propose: How about a NExJam sometime in the Fall -- same venue, same arrangements, but with some time between the Matt Smith event and NExJam, to allow people's schedules and finances to catch back up?

That's what I'd like to do, but I imagine also that it would be possible to carry on NExJam as before, without me, and to offer it up as an alternative to those who cannot make Al's event due to schedule or finance considerations.

In summary: again, I apologize for going dark for a bit. Believe me, it wasn't intentional, and I won't bore you with the details.

Due to my niece's wedding on June 6, I have to bow out of NExJam '09, and would like to propose that we postpone it 'til the Fall.

Thank you all for your patience, and for your great enthusiasm in starting NExJam off. If you can, please DO try to get to the Matt Smith clinic. What a great opportunity! I know I will try to get there (nothing appears to be coming up to blindside me on THAT date!).

I AM back to the OFC, and will try to be a much more reliable contributor. Furthermore, if you all DO decide to go with an Autumn NExJam, I will volunteer to put it together, if you'd like.

Thanks, all!

Alan
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BT717
Posted 2009-04-29 5:19 AM (#417331 - in reply to #417330)
Subject: Re: Connecticut Ovation Gathering

Alan,While I understand completely the "situation" and was actually one of the members who started the conversation about one happenning in late spring, personally it "Sucks" for me. I was looking so forward to the June 6th weekend. Having what would have been my first gathering with OFC members so close was something I was very excited about. I can't attend Al's gathering on the 20th as I have a previously scheduled engagement, but will be looking forward to a possible gathering in the Fall. Good to have you back.
AlanM
Posted 2009-04-29 10:13 AM (#417332 - in reply to #417330)

Hi, Bob! Thanks for your kind words. I'm disappointed too, but more excited at the prospect of taking in an official Ovation gathering done by those who know how to do 'em! Plus the clinic can ONLY be helpful! I don't want to get in the way of that opportunity for others. Also, we can do NExJam's whenever we want.

If you and other's wish, I'll start the process for a Fall NExJam right away.
BT717
Posted 2009-04-29 11:24 AM (#417333 - in reply to #417330)

As far as I'm concerned, Go For it!!!! :) :cool:
PEZ
Posted 2009-04-29 3:59 PM (#417334 - in reply to #417330)

Stuff happens
Its ok...
Then again I couldn't made June 6..
well then
Now I can
Long story....
Maybe we can invade local open mics
AlanM
Posted 2009-04-29 9:51 PM (#417335 - in reply to #417330)

Hi, PEZ! And thank YOU for those gracious sentiments! That's one thing I've noticed about stuff...it does, indeed, happen. I'm all over your open mic idea. Let's put it together.

Thanks again!

Alan
BT717
Posted 2009-04-30 5:53 AM (#417336 - in reply to #417330)

Hey PEZ, which ones you thinking about? I'm pretty sure "Chatters" is not happenning anymore
Lack of Customers.
PEZ
Posted 2009-05-03 3:47 AM (#417337 - in reply to #417330)

Sully's Monday night
Lasalle Deli Friday
Downtown Cafe Thursday
(not a great day for me but could do, I shoot trap thursday)

Chatters kinda turned me off
Turn down the bass....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)