The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Happy as a Clam

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Beal
Posted 2009-04-02 10:32 PM (#420580 - in reply to #420555)
Subject: Re: Happy as a Clam

was that asian?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2009-04-03 12:36 AM (#420581 - in reply to #420555)

Keep Clam! (PNW'ers ... I am a hopeless Ivar's junkie)

I'm really happy, too. I got a new maple neck for the stratocaster. The only thing that I've got a hankering for is that burst D-42 with the green abalone and the varnish. Fortunately I've got some tuition payments to make. Or unfortunately, depending on how one looks at it. But I've got a whole bunch of really nice things to occupy me, and I'm loving every minute.
Phil Wong
Posted 2009-04-04 3:43 PM (#420582 - in reply to #420555)

Originally posted by alpep:
hmmmm .......

clam chowder
clam stew
fried clams
clams and linguini
I don't think those clams are very happy anymore. :rolleyes:
an4340
Posted 2009-04-04 10:30 PM (#420583 - in reply to #420555)

Am I happy as a clam? No.
But if you change the question, to; do I have what I need? Yes.
Captain Lovehandles
Posted 2009-04-04 10:59 PM (#420584 - in reply to #420555)

I feel the same, Brad. It's quite a contrast between now and a couple months ago. I was torn between "Do I want an EA68 Viper or an 1868? Should I get Keith's Elite T, or jump the track and go after a Tornado?

I was sitting on the porch with some guys at G8rbowl, and musing about the Viper vs Elite thing. Trader Jim looked at me and said "Get the Elite."

So I checked Ebay and clist every day and put out feelers all over until the Elite fell into my lap.

Now I an completely satisfied with my 2 acoustics, and I have 2 great electrics. I feel like my little collection is complete for my needs. For the first time ever.
CrimsonLake
Posted 2009-04-05 9:26 AM (#420585 - in reply to #420555)

Originally posted by stonebobbo:
I got a new maple neck for the stratocaster.
Bobbo - what kind of neck did you get? Where'd ya get it? I've been shopping around on ebay and Warmoth. I really like some of the Warmoth necks. I'm thinking about going with a little bit thicker neck. I've got a maple neck now but with a rosewood FB. I really want to get a maple FB.
stonebobbo
Posted 2009-04-05 6:51 PM (#420586 - in reply to #420555)

Mike ... I ended up with a USA Fender neck I got off eBay. I looked at the Warmoths and they seem really nice, with a bunch of options for nut width and shape ... not to mention the myriad wood choices offered. But in the end for me, I wanted the easy way out. I had original tuners I wanted to use, which required dual string trees, plus my guitar is fitted with the micro-tilt adjuster so the Fender neck fit the bill ... I don't have to drill any holes for tuners, string trees, or mounting. It was a very simple drop in and I was good to go. I looked for the right neck for a couple of months and finally pulled the trigger. There's a seller on eBay named reliablefender that carries a wide selection of necks from a lot of years and in various states of "relic". I ended up with one from a private seller who bought it from RF a couple of months back but his project went off the rails. It's a 22 fretter with the peghead truss rod adjustment, 1 11/16" nut width (not the 1 5/8"), C shape that is just about perfect for me ... same as the neck I was replacing save for the one piece maple neck/board instead of the maple neck with rosewood board (that needs a new truss rod :rolleyes: ). I am very pleased with the quality of this Fender neck ... very smooth, the fretwork is faboulous, and this one has some real nice grain to it ... no birdeye nor vintage tint though but a real nice looker nonetheless.

I do plan on getting a nice Warmoth for another project I'm planning in the next few months. THAT's going to be a very fun one!
CrimsonLake
Posted 2009-04-05 7:34 PM (#420587 - in reply to #420555)

Very nice! I like the black pup covers. At Warmoth, I was only looking at the completed necks. I'll be replacing the tuners too. Once I do the neck/tuner replacement, all that'll be left of the original guitar is the body and the bridge. I already replaced the saddles, electronics, pups and pick guard.

Thanks for the tip - I'll check out reliablefender.
MusicMishka
Posted 2009-04-06 8:13 PM (#420588 - in reply to #420555)

There's a seller on eBay named reliablefender that carries a wide selection of necks from a lot of years and in various states of "relic".
Be very, very careful...poor communication when something go's wrong...and then the wait...he does have the parts but you'll pay close to top dollar...there are plenty of sellers of fender parts on eBay...look around...
an4340
Posted 2009-04-06 10:45 PM (#420589 - in reply to #420555)

Wow. I bought a strat case from reliable fender, and he misdescribed it ... but once I pointed it out to him he knocked a shitload off the price and made me happy as a clam (at high tide).
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)