The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation CSE-44

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Scalle
Posted 2009-03-14 3:00 PM (#423241)
Subject: Ovation CSE-44

Hi,
I'm planning on buying a CSE-44 but haven't been able to try it in any store. Does anyone of you have experience with this type? How does it sound? Playability? Intonation?...
Thanks for guiding me!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WCL
Posted 2009-03-14 8:16 PM (#423242 - in reply to #423241)
Subject: Re: Ovation CSE-44

Hey, I actually had this model for a while. When I first got into O's I bought two celebs at one time and very quickly sold them both to buy a CSE44. The CSE44 has the solid spruce top which is why I made the choice to go for it.

It had a really full, warm sound, sounded even better plugged in, and had pretty good electronics. I would definitely recommend the guitar; I was pleased with it for sure.

However, I do remember it being kinda pricey, especially for a celeb. I believe I paid around $450 for (before tax & no case) and that was the sale price!

IMHO, that's pushin dangerously close to what a US made O would go for used.

And I say that because I now have an Elite that is hands down of the best guitars I have ever played and I wouldn't trade it for anything (well, almost anything. ;) )

That said, if the CSE44 is readily available and is the right price, I wholeheartedly recommend it...
Scalle
Posted 2009-03-15 2:37 AM (#423243 - in reply to #423241)
Subject: Re: Ovation CSE-44

Tx WCL, this really helps!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)