The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Audio from the concert. Hamer and (soon) Ovation content.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

FlySig
Posted 2009-03-02 12:23 PM (#425634)
Subject: Audio from the concert. Hamer and (soon) Ovation content.

I've started to edit together the audio from Saturday night. A couple are already up on the NING, though I don't know how to directly link those over here. So, Soundclick links below.

The first is our opening number, Outside of These Walls. I'm the lead guitar on the left side of the mix. The second is our finale, All In My Head. I'm still the lead guitar on the left.

Notice how we deftly transition from a calm pace to warp speed.

Soon to come will be a couple of acoustic numbers played on my Ovation. They should be edited together later today and added to the NING with links in this thread.

Outside of These Walls

All In My Head
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2009-03-02 6:40 PM (#425635 - in reply to #425634)
Subject: Re: Audio from the concert. Hamer and (soon) Ovation content.

Some more goodies, including one of the crash & burns. We did a marginal job on "Better Days", not nearly as polished as we were for Christmas when we first performed it.

"Get Together" was a total wipeout. I did miss a few notes on the lead parts, but then the drummer kind of missed most of the song. He and the bassist were supposed to play a couple of measures in the middle, a basic bump...ba bump thing, then the rest of the band comes back in. Except they both forgot to do anything and quit when the rest of us stopped. So I just jumped back in and started the second half without them. Kind of funny but sad at the same time.

Better Days

Get Together (crash and burn version)
Steve A
Posted 2009-03-03 11:11 AM (#425636 - in reply to #425634)

Fly Sig,
I really enjoyed those.Some of it sounds Casting Crowns like. Is that you singing the lead vocals?
God bless,
Steve
FlySig
Posted 2009-03-03 2:07 PM (#425637 - in reply to #425634)

Steve, no that's not me singing. They refuse to put a mic anywhere near me.

We have done some Casting Crowns in the past. We did "Lifesong" several times last year.

Here are a couple more tracks sung by Eryn. She had a real bad night for her, due to the onstage monitors not having a good balance. We just didn't have time for a real sound check. Normally Eryn's singing is powerful and will send shivers down your spine.

On this one, "What If" by Nicole Nordeman, the other guitarist totally forgot the chords, leaving me to play mostly rhythm, but I didn't know the chords during the solo so I played the solo.
What If

This is "Life Uncommon" by Jewel.
Life Uncommon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)