The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
bidding retail
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

gulfcoast
Posted 2009-02-17 3:21 PM (#427072 - in reply to #427047)
Subject: Re: bidding retail

I see no politics or religion in Wagons post. Unless not seeing eye to eye with Al every time a mouse farts is political. Guess i`ll see you guys later also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2009-02-17 3:23 PM (#427073 - in reply to #427047)

I pass no judgment one way or the other, except to say that this is Al's and Mile's sandbox, and if they feel anyone's shat in it they have every right to do something about it. We're all here at their pleasure. One thing we all need to remember is that if anyone has a dispute with another member, or especially with the moderators, it's best to take that dispute to private message/email/phone calls and not air our dirty laundry on the forum. Maybe it's time to pin the Slipkid Manifesto up top again?

Now, let's talk guitars...
bcoombs
Posted 2009-02-17 3:36 PM (#427074 - in reply to #427047)

Well, he did get called out on his views publicly, so he responded publicly. But, I agree that we're here at Al's and Mile's pleasure. Oh well.

I have seen many a guitar bid up to or close to retail, then I have seen the occassional treasure go for what seems to be way below it's apparent value (a few VXTs lately). That's the "fun" of Ebay. You never know when a good one might slip through the cracks...
BT717
Posted 2009-02-17 3:36 PM (#427075 - in reply to #427047)

Originally posted by gulfcoast:
[QB] I see no politics or religion in Wagons post.

Originally posted by G8r:

The only 2 things on this thread that make sense!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
CrimsonLake
Posted 2009-02-17 3:49 PM (#427076 - in reply to #427047)

Originally posted by Trader Jim:
Is it just me, or can anyone tell me why Wagon got booted for what he posted?
I don't understand why it happened, nor do I agree with it. No matter whose sandbox it is, everyone should be treated with some respect. I didn't dig up the manifesto, but I'm sure it says that in there somewhere.
Gallerinski
Posted 2009-02-17 3:55 PM (#427077 - in reply to #427047)

There's no rhyme or reason to ebay. I have posted the same guitar twice with no bids and then BANG it sells for more that I really expected. You just have to shake your head. I figger in the end it all balances out - for every "smoking deal" there's also another one where somebody overpaid. The key thing is to know exact what it is your are bidding on (or selling) and exactly what you are willing to spend maximum. If you get beat by a buck, just assume it wasn't meant to be your day and forget about it.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2009-02-17 4:03 PM (#427078 - in reply to #427047)

Originally posted by G8r:
...One thing we all need to remember is that if anyone has a dispute with another member, or especially with the moderators, it's best to take that dispute to private message/email/phone calls and not air our dirty laundry on the forum.

Well stated. Please have a little faith that after seven years, when Al or I take an action, it's for a good reason.

When it's something like this, discussing it only aggravates things.

With that in mind, I think this thread has taken it's course. To summarize, eBay doesn't follow any hard fast rules, and trends change like the wind.

Now as has been posted... Lets Talk GUITARS!!!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)