The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Gearfest @ Sweetwater

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

2ifbyC
Posted 2008-05-30 9:34 PM (#437502)
Subject: Gearfest @ Sweetwater

Just a heads up, if you're looking for an item on sale, get in touch with 'em before close of business tomorrow.

I got a sweet deal this PM on the DigiTech Vocalist Live 2 with a free AKG Mic. PM me for the price. Rules and all, ya know...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2008-05-30 10:31 PM (#437503 - in reply to #437502)
Subject: Re: Gearfest @ Sweetwater

Originally posted by 2ifbyC:
Just a heads up, if you're looking for an item on sale, get in touch with 'em before close of business tomorrow.

I got a sweet deal this PM on the DigiTech Vocalist Live 2 with a free AKG Mic. PM me for the price. Rules and all, ya know...
Yeah... Where's my T?
2ifbyC
Posted 2008-05-30 10:51 PM (#437504 - in reply to #437502)

Originally posted by Old Man Arthur:
Yeah... Where's my T?
LATEST UPDATE Same place as mine...

Call the MS for the 'lo down'...
Darkbar
Posted 2009-01-20 2:21 PM (#437505 - in reply to #437502)

Originally posted by 2ifbyC:

Hey iffy,
I was gonna post a new question about this Vocalist product, but I thought I'd do a search first (see,g8r, we newbies can be trained :D ) and lo and behold, you have one. When we get together here in Bradenton, I'd love a chance to play around with that thing. I saw some demos on youtube, sounds pretty nice. Do you use it much?
Losov
Posted 2009-01-20 2:42 PM (#437506 - in reply to #437502)

I use mine on gigs. Works as advertised, but you can confuse it if you use flat fifth chords and the like, or if you sing a 2 over the chord. But for the most part, it's great.
Slipkid
Posted 2009-01-20 2:44 PM (#437507 - in reply to #437502)

Iffy was kind enough to let me take his for a test drive.
I posted a demo on my social site home page.
It will give you an idea of what it can do for someone who does not know what he is doing.
Darkbar
Posted 2009-01-20 3:11 PM (#437508 - in reply to #437502)

I just wonder if I bought the VC-2 would I wish I'd have gone ahead and bought the VC-4, or if I went crazy and bought the 4, would I then think the 2 would have been just fine.
Anyway, I know you run your guitar through them and it quickly figures the harmonies based on the chord you're playing (which is amazing since I sometimes don't even know what chord I'm gonna play next), but does that mean it won't harmonize unless you are playing a chord?
G8r
Posted 2009-01-20 3:11 PM (#437509 - in reply to #437502)

Originally posted by darkbarguitar:
I was gonna post a new question about this Vocalist product, but I thought I'd do a search first (see,g8r, we newbies can be trained :D ) and lo and behold, you have one. When we get together here in Bradenton, I'd love a chance to play around with that thing. I saw some demos on youtube, sounds pretty nice. Do you use it much?
Darkbar - I have the Vocalist Live 4 and love it. I'm not sure what the extras are on the 4 vs. the 2, but it's a sweet piece of electronic wizardry. I bought one after using War Eagle's at the Smokies Jam.
Darkbar
Posted 2009-01-20 3:19 PM (#437510 - in reply to #437502)

Darkbar - I have the Vocalist Live 4 and love it. I'm not sure what the extras are on the 4 vs. the 2, but it's a sweet piece of electronic wizardry. I bought one after using War Eagle's at the Smokies Jam. [/QB]

Damn! More reasons I should have gone to g8r bowl. First a chance to meet some new guitar buds. Then you tease with the shrimp and grits. Now this. What's next......free beer?
Jeff W.
Posted 2009-01-20 3:19 PM (#437511 - in reply to #437502)

I'll just take the opportunity to reiterate how good a retailer SweetWater is. As a large store with a big online presence, There's hardly another product retailer I can think of, that has a better combination of products/price and service and that's not just in the music sector, but ANY large retailer regardless of type.
2ifbyC
Posted 2009-01-20 4:02 PM (#437512 - in reply to #437502)

Originally posted by darkbarguitar:
you have one
Hey Bob,

If I get out your way I'll drop it off for ya to play with. Or if ya get to the west side, drop in. I'll give ya a call to set up a delivery within a day or so.

To answer your question, no, I haven't used it in that I can't sing worth a poop. It's for the G-babies when they're ready (hopefully shortly). I'm awaiting a unit that will produce how I want to sing...

I think the '2' is two part harmony and the '4' is three with a 'low' harmony capability.

And Jeff is correct, Sweetwater is a class act. You can even get a 'personal' rep that will see to your musical needs.

"Free beer" is provided by those east of 1st Street!

BTW, ya get extra 'points' for the search...
stephent28
Posted 2009-01-20 4:23 PM (#437513 - in reply to #437502)

Originally posted by Jeff W.:
I'll just take the opportunity to reiterate how good a retailer SweetWater is.
Ditto! I just dropped a little over a grand for a 64-point TT-DB25 Patch Bay, a mic XLR patch, DB25 subs, TT patches, and some other odds and sods.

Took over 2 weeks, multiple emails, phone calls, etc (+ the promise of a detailed wiring diagram) to make it all happen but in a couple weeks when it finally shows up and get wired up, the home project will be complete.

Now I am on the search for talent! :rolleyes:
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)