The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Cobalt
Posted 2012-03-22 3:15 PM (#452192)
Subject: Hello

Hello everyone on the Ovation forums. This is my first post. I am a guitar player from Nothern California and I'm one of the Classic Rock guys if you know what I mean! I own a Carvin acoustic, a strat, a Epiphone Swingers and just yesterday I bought my first Ovation from Craigslist and for $60 with a hardshell case, I must say I'm very pleased. It needs one tuner and the battery cover and the two wires that connect the battery or missing. Other than that the action is nice and it sounds great, I am pleased. What led me here is that I am trying to find out the date of my Ovation. It is a Celebrity and it's model number CC 057. My serial number is 2100809. The young man I bought it from had switched to drums and it had been sitting in it's case for a long time.

Here is a pic:

I have not been able to find a tuner and today Im heading out to my local guitar store here in town to see if they have one lying in a draw somewhere. I would like a tuner that said Ovation on it so it is a match but I have a lot of time to find one, right now I just want to play it with all 6 strings! As far as the battery cover and the missing wires go, well I guess I will have to take it to a tech in the future.

Im happy to be here and any help would really be appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick B.
Posted 2012-03-22 3:45 PM (#452193 - in reply to #452192)
Subject: Re: Hello

Congratulation on the nice grab! Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way to date the Celebrity series. One of the moderators will be along shortly to give you access to the other forums. Welcome to the group!
stonebobbo
Posted 2012-03-22 4:43 PM (#452196 - in reply to #452192)

Welcome from another NorCal denizen. Great find on the guitar. Let us know how the search for the tuner turns out. There are some folks here who have boxes of spare parts and can probably help if needed.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-03-22 5:15 PM (#452199 - in reply to #452192)

Nice find... best way to date an Ovation of any origin... but it flowers Seriously there is essentially no data to correlate age on Celebrity models, they all look like they're 15 anyway (see what I did there?) Sometimes you can get lucky and find that it was a color or design offered to a specific area or store. A "Guitar Center" model if there is one, or a model only released in Europe or Asia, etc.. But other than that, unless you have the original receipt, and even then you only get the purchase date, not the build date. Also, you are now no longer restricted to posting in the Welcome Center. Welcome
Cobalt
Posted 2012-03-22 8:57 PM (#452205 - in reply to #452192)

Thanks everyone for the input and thanks Mr. Ovation for the access. I guess the age or date is not really important, I was just curious. The local mom and pop store gave me a really nice chrome tuner they had in a drawer and it fit and worked perfectly, so that's done. I looked on the Ovation website and it had a link to all the electronics and the one thats in my model is not in there. So...anyway, to get that fixed up I will need a tech. I must say that with new strings on it sounds really really nice!
Nick B.
Posted 2012-03-22 10:30 PM (#452207 - in reply to #452205)

Cobalt - 2012-03-22 8:57 PM The local mom and pop store gave me a really nice chrome tuner they had in a drawer and it fit and worked perfectly, so that's done.

You need to go buy a lottery ticket.

Cobalt
Posted 2012-03-28 5:36 PM (#452493 - in reply to #452192)

I have been trying to remove the electronics so I can attach the battery wires and hear this guitar plugged in but I'm not sure how to get the unit out. There is one screw but removing it has no effect on removing the unit. Am I missing something?
Cobalt
Posted 2012-04-06 10:13 PM (#452903 - in reply to #452192)

Turns out there were no missing wires, just a missing battery cover. The connection is made when the battery presses up against the 2 springs at the bottom.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)