The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Newbie here - would love advice / input

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Adonaioc
Posted 2012-03-27 12:53 PM (#452427)
Subject: Newbie here - would love advice / input

I am looking into buying a higher end guitar and really like the look/sound of ovation Adamas. I am very green and looking for some good advice on what to buy.

I'm looking for something that is somewhat versatile will last me a lifetime. I would like to be able to finger pick or strum, and I will mostly be playing unplugged (but I would like the option to go electric).

I have been looking through ovations site and found that the Adamas 2080SR and the Adamas II 2081GT really catch my eye.

I really like the Adamas 2088GT and 1687GT as well but the woodwork on saddle/bridge is really terrible, are there other options without having to custom order?

I have never played a guitar with a graphite top, is there anything that I should know before making my purchase?

Whats the difference between the 2080 that has been discontinued and the 2080sr? what does "smooth ring" mean?

I might be interested in custom ordering one, maybe with a glossy finish or a wider nut width, has anyone done that? what was your experience? Does anyone here own one? what would you change about it? how much cost does customizing add?

sorry for the million questions, please pardon my ignorance and thank you in advance for you time and expertise!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-03-27 1:55 PM (#452430 - in reply to #452427)
Subject: Re: Newbie here - would love advice / input

You came to the right place. You should contact Al and www.lostartvintage.com . He's the co-founder here and the best at custom orders. He was/is the #1 Adamas dealer a few years ago and might still be. You can now post throughout the site as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)