The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello Everyone

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

goodluckpete
Posted 2012-04-10 10:51 PM (#453053)
Subject: Hello Everyone

Thought I would say hello to everyone here. I was a member wayyy back in 2004-5 when I first became interested in ovation guitars, mainly the electrics. I owned a viper, and just a few hours ago I purchased a GP on ebay. I have been scoping them out for a few years now and can finally afford one now. If anyone saw the black GP that was in the for sale forum with the Michael Bolton autograph , that is the one that I bought. The autograph is unfortunate and I'm hoping it is not too much of a pain to remove, but I've loved these guitars since I first saw them and I am looking forward to giving it a good home.

I would like to continue posting here to possibly get some opinions and help from members that might know more than the GP's than me. I am considering doing a partial restore and replacing the tailpiece, tuners and having some headstock repair work done ( there is a chip in the headstock and part of the logo is missing ). I could definitely use some help being pointed in the right direction with all that.

Thanks
Peter
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Man Arthur
Posted 2012-04-11 12:04 AM (#453055 - in reply to #453053)
Subject: Re: Hello Everyone

So Peter... Are we talking about This One?

That wrap-around tailpiece would be nicer if the seller knew how to string it.

Those are good lookin' guitars. I especially like the neck joint.

I have never had the pleasure of owning one, but there are a couple of owners amongst the membership.

Someone will be along to activate your account once they notice that you are here.
muzza
Posted 2012-04-11 6:29 AM (#453065 - in reply to #453053)
Subject: RE: Hello Everyone

Peter, if you WERE a member "waaay back in '04/'05" then you're STILL a member now. Your old login details would still be valid on this new site. Have you tried logging on with them?

Using your original login would allow you to forego the 'Welcome Centre' grilling and you can get stuck right in.

Welcome back!

Edited by muzza 2012-04-11 6:32 AM
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-04-11 10:55 AM (#453073 - in reply to #453053)

Yep... what Muzza said. If you need your email or something updated to get your password, just PM me or send an email to support@ .

By the way, nice guitar. A good cleaning, string the bridge correctly (that is one of the best bridges out there) and the chip should be an easy fix as it's one color.

I would contact Ovation support and see what they would charge to spruce it up.
goodluckpete
Posted 2012-04-11 9:10 PM (#453085 - in reply to #453053)

Thanks muzza. I would use my original login but i have forgotten them. I might know the email address I used to create them but I don't remember the username. I'm ok with starting over though, I didn't post too frequently back then.

Also, Mr. O, I went to a local luthier shop I get my work done before the auction ended (I was that set on getting it) and they had some receipts from ovation for similar work. Ovation can apparently fix the damage, finish the headstock and replace the logo for $150, seems pretty reasonable. If I could get that done and have that awful signature removed I would be very happy.

I can't wait to get it though, just got the tracking number today and I'm counting down the days.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-04-11 11:56 PM (#453092 - in reply to #453053)

Well you've only had two posts with this account. If you PM me with options of what your email and/or username may have been and your real name, I can re-instate the old account easy enough, or you could continue with this one. It's really is no bother..
goodluckpete
Posted 2012-04-15 12:36 AM (#453191 - in reply to #453053)

I guess i'll just continue with this one, rather than going through the hassle of retrieving an old account.

Also, an update on the GP, it came in the mail today and although it looks good and sounds great from what I can tell, it is almost unplayable. A bunch of dead spots along the fretboard and really in need of a setup. I brought it in to the shop after I gawked at it for a while and I'm getting the frets dressed, a setup, and that signature removed. Cant wait to get it back friday and really start playing it!
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-04-15 1:35 AM (#453192 - in reply to #453053)

These are very unique guitars. On the surface there really is nothing special about them. But the same parts on another guitar, as there are many, and it just doesn't sound like a sounds. I think it's the crap wood that was used, just by accident, the density is perfect to make it sing.

And I enabled your access to post in the general forums.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)