The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Info on my guitar

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

micven55
Posted 2012-04-20 7:23 PM (#453477)
Subject: Info on my guitar

I have a late 60s ovation tornado (68-69 I believe) I'm the original owner. I haven't played it in almost 15 years but my son has. It's still in almost perfect shape, no cracking of the finish at all and few very minor dings, way better than expected for it's age. The serial # is B042. Just interested in knowing what I have here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick B.
Posted 2012-04-20 10:50 PM (#453484 - in reply to #453477)
Subject: Re: Info on my guitar

Hi micven55. Any early Ovation is pretty special, but I think you already know a lot more about your guitar than I do. Based on the low "B" SN I'd guess it's a 1968. If you're looking for value, I'd do a search on Ebay, including completed listings, and that should give you an idea. The fact that you're the original owner and your son plays it now is pretty cool. Post pictures if you have them...we love to see pictures.
micven55
Posted 2012-04-22 8:30 AM (#453533 - in reply to #453484)

Actually I was searching for a hardshell case when I came upon this sight, not interested in selling at this point, my son wants to keep it and that's fine with me. I did do some searching on ebay, there were two in the $750-$800 range, both were modified and both had cracking of the finish. There was also one for $1999 that was original and in the same shape as mine, although I'm guessing that that's a little overpriced.

I've had no luck locating a hardshell case specifically for this guitar, so I'll have to see if a similar gibson or gretch case will work. I'll try and get some photos posted soon.
Damon67
Posted 2012-04-22 12:36 PM (#453536 - in reply to #453477)

DONT BUY A GIBSON CASE!

It will not work. These guitars are a bit odd, I tried many different ones before I found that the Ibanez case fits it the best. Sorry, but I don't recall which model# the case is.
Welcome, you're now a full member. Someone over in the main "General" section might know.

Great guitar BTW. I have an early on from '67, serial # 535 (No letter... it's one of the first)... full of checking, but aside from that, perfect and original, with the trem.

You should share a photo or two.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)