The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Just Joined

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Kidmuse
Posted 2012-05-22 8:08 PM (#454858)
Subject: Just Joined

Dear Fellow Ovation Fans,

I am happy to have found you! By way of an introduction, my first and favorite Ovation is still a Custom Legend (1619). Like many of you, I've played loads of different guitars and nothing feels like a part of me like this instrument. It's the one thing - other than my family - that I would grab if my house was on fire!

I am just beginning to get interested in the history of the instrument. I'm also planning on buying and selling as a sideline, hopefully while getting to play all of them and seeing if some of them have a place in my life, on and off-stage.

As a teaching artist, I'm also interested in promoting the development of students, especially young people and would love to be the person who helps some of them get turned on to the Ovation line.

Thanks,
Scott Bierko
"Kidmuse"

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2012-05-23 12:55 AM (#454863 - in reply to #454858)
Subject: RE: Just Joined

Hi Scott,

What kinda guitars you wanna buy? :D

Patch
Posted 2012-05-23 7:19 AM (#454870 - in reply to #454858)

Welcome!

Buying and selling can be loads of fun. And every once in a while you get to keep one if you do it right.

The problem arises when you realize you want to keep this one......then this one.....then this one...............
Kidmuse
Posted 2012-05-24 7:45 PM (#454962 - in reply to #454863)

damon67 - 2012-05-23 12:55 AM

Hi Scott,

What kinda guitars you wanna buy? :D

Good question, Damon. I'm not sure, yet. I am examining the marketplace on Ebay and trying to get a sense of what people are putting up and what's selling. I'm also selling off a lot of old audio equipment so that I can learn how about all the different factors involved in selling items (Buy it Now, Reserve Auctions, etc.). It's kind've fun when the stakes aren't too high!

My most successful sale was a Taylor guitar that I was able to sell for close to $2K. The buyer and I were both very happy with the outcome. Hooking people up with a great guitar for their needs and making a little bit of money on the side are my initial goals. I also like the idea of hooking people up with the Ovation line who may be stuck in the "only wooden guitars for me" mode.

On a lark (not a good habit), I recently purchased a Celebrity Deluxe CSD44 at a very fair price. I've played the guitar at a few shows and as expected, it does the job when plugged in. As part of a children's singer-songwriter team playing for kids PreK-6th grade, the flash factor is definitely there with the blue finish. Will I keep it? Not sure, yet.

I also ordered one of the D-scale DS-778TX guitars and that should arrive any day. Again, I want to assess it's strengths and uses at home, on-stage and in the studio. It just piqued my curiosity. I can certainly report back on my experience when I've played it.

I sold my 1975 Martin 12-string last year because I never played it. The darn thing was a very difficult bear to keep in tune. I'm happy to have it in the hands of someone else who will enjoy it. I am looking at a 12-string owned by a local guitar repair guy. It's an 1866, probably from the late 80's or early 90's (he bought it in '91). He's offering it for $700. I'm not thrilled with the brown sunburst finish, however. Does anyone have thoughts about this guitar or have any thoughts about their favorite 12-strings?

My favorite Ovations, so far, are the deep bowl ones. I've never played an Adamas, but I'm a little bit intimidated by the high costs and risks of owning and trading these. Thoughts?

Scott "kidmuse"

Kidmuse
Posted 2012-05-24 7:48 PM (#454963 - in reply to #454858)
Subject: Re: Just Joined

Sorry, the Celebrity is a CDX44. God, these numbers are swimming in my brain.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)