The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

clkellum
Posted 2012-07-02 7:39 PM (#456100)
Subject: New member

Hello all! I just bought my first Ovation yesterday, on Craigslist. It was a CS257 with the OP-30 preamp for $225, complete with hardshell Ovation case. I was ecstatic! However, when I got to the seller's house, he showed me a crack that he'd found where the top had started coming loose from the bowl (like it'd taken a good bump). Being that I'd driven an hour and a half, I wanted to at LEAST hear it plugged in. It sounded great, and I asked how much he wanted for it, given the damage...his price was $150, and I promptly said, "sold."

I bought some epoxy from Lowe's this morning, dosed the affected area, and wrapped the bowl in bungee cords for 6 hours. I'll be be putting strings on her tomorrow, giving the epoxy 24hrs to be at full strength (I cut the strings off almost immediately after purchasing it, so they wouldn't pull. All in all, I'm happy (so far) with the deal, considering I got a really nice case to go with the guitar, then spent next to nothing to repair her! Wish me luck on re-stringing her successfully! I have a two-night gig in two weeks, and am thrilled about taking her onstage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2012-07-02 9:39 PM (#456108 - in reply to #456100)
Subject: Re: New member

It sounds like a bargain and your repair was a whole lot better than duct tape!
Throw some photos in!
clkellum
Posted 2012-07-02 10:43 PM (#456114 - in reply to #456100)

I'd gladly post pics, but haven't got the ability yet, I fear. I tried to create a photo album, but the site wouldn't let me.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-07-03 1:12 AM (#456117 - in reply to #456100)

Welcome. Feel free to post in the general forum area and post pictures. Sounds like a great rescue.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)