The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
How Do I Post A Guitar for Sale???

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

ivon1167
Posted 2012-07-03 7:13 AM (#456120)
Subject: How Do I Post A Guitar for Sale???

I must be missing something here but Im a member and I cannot find any way to post a guitar for sale?
I have an Adamas 2008 Collectors Edition in mint condition with case but dont know how to create a For Sale thread???

Can anyone advise please?

Im on WindowsXP SP3 with Chrome Browser if that makes any difference??

cheers
Ivon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick B.
Posted 2012-07-03 8:44 AM (#456125 - in reply to #456120)
Subject: Re: How Do I Post A Guitar for Sale???

Hi Ivon,
Actually your membership is still pending. Before giving access to all of the forums we like members to tell us a little about themselves and about your interest in Ovation guitars. BTW, the 08C is a great guitar.
Nick
ivon1167
Posted 2012-07-03 1:03 PM (#456138 - in reply to #456125)

OK well thats fair enough, Nick!

Me? I live & work in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as a 3d animation & art training for a big UK games company. We make racing games like Dirt, Grid & F1. Originally from New Zealand.

Played guitar for 30 years; Over the last 6+ years I have accumulated 8 guitars including:
Custom Balladeer from 1978 - I was owner #2 - from USA shipped to Australia
An Ai di Meola Custom Legend - I got brand new in Singapore
and the 2008 Adamas Collectors Edition I bought in Montreal Canada brand new!

I first fell in love with Ovations when I saw on TV The Meeting of the Spirits concert from Valentines Day 1979! John McLaughlin played the Custom Balladeer - which is the same year nearly as mine which is why I got it many years later, and Larry Coryell played the Custom Legend! I loved those guitars so much even as a young teenager I saved enough to buy a good fake copy of an Ovation - actually called an Encore! Ever since then I wanted a real one...eventually I got 3 of the best in my opinion! I used to play an original early 80s blue Adamas in the local shop never being able to buy it when I was 18! haha. The scroll head and carbon body were wonderful!

the 2008 CE is a total gem! Never have I heard such a rich tone. It works well with Adamas 10-47's on it. I gigged it only once in a jazz club. Its a precious piece of art! The Al di is a great workhorse too! Super fast neck! I still think the early 80s Custom Legend non cutaways had an even better tone though - like he used to play!

Other guitars I own: Yamaha nylon electric, Alegria Spanish flamenco, a custom made abalone dragon guitar from Vietnam, and a great Greg Bennett Samick La Salle jazz guitar with MIDI p/u added...

thats a bit about me. Loved Ovation like no other guitars for nearly 30 years!

If someone shows me how, when I become a proper member I can post some nice pics of all of these if anyone is interested!?

I play through a few things: Crate 120w acoustic dual input combo. A Behringer 60w valvestate type combo, a Digitech GNX3 pedal & recorder, and a Roland GR20 guitar synth. Oh an now my iPad with Garage Band, Amplitube and others - thats great!! And lighter than a 50lb valve amp too! haha

cheers
Ivon
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2012-07-03 1:14 PM (#456139 - in reply to #456120)

Well i'd say that qualifies. Welcome !
Nick B.
Posted 2012-07-04 9:15 AM (#456166 - in reply to #456120)

That's quite a self introduction. Thanks and welcome to the fold. The easiest way to post pictures is to start a new thread in the For Sale section and you will have the option to "Attach a file after posting." Check that box and post your thread. It will then bring up a window to let you attach files. If you attach .jpg files they will display in your thread. Remember to post a price with your listing as it is required. You can always list it with a higher price and say you accept best offers. Good luck with the sale!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)