The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello from Japan

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Kuroyama
Posted 2011-03-21 12:48 PM (#1871)
Subject: Hello from Japan

Hello everyone. Haven't been registered long. I just bought my first Ovation (2078 Elite T) a couple of months ago. I live and work here in Japan and just recently evacuated the Tokyo area. I have other guitars that are a bit more "go-to" than my Ovation (like my Gretsch Tennessee Rose 6119-1962HT, or Gibson Flying V). But I had no idea how hard the travel would be on the guitar but figured the Ovation could stand up to it. I still dont know whats going to happen in the coming days, but I walked away from my Tokyo area home knowing it was possible I might not be able to return to it.

We've probably ALL seen that internet guitar forum question before... "If you could only rescue ONE guitar from your collection... which one would you choose?" I'll be honest I never thought I'd choose an acoustic... but I did.

Even though the Zero Gravity foam core case has served me well, (the guitar survived being checked for a flight in the case ONLY), I found a used hardcase in the city I'm staying in while I wait out the Fukushima power station... I feel much better about travel now. Though I need to find a good home now for this zero g case. I'll ask around at the office tomorrow and see if anybody has a naked Ovation needing a case (they LOVE softcases in Japan!!!).

I grew up on hair metal, but never learned to play any of it. Finally became able to play some Lenny Kravitz tunes, and figured to go back to my rock (and ethnic) roots and study the blues. This is how I got it into my head to buy acoustic! I cant think of any Blues guys playing Ovation... but then, I'm a big Black American guy that surfs, plays guitar and speaks fluent Japanese.

I'm accustomed to be the unusual guy in the room.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2011-03-21 1:26 PM (#1872 - in reply to #1871)
Subject: Re: Hello from Japan

Originally posted by Kuroyama:
I grew up on hair metal
Long live Akira Takasaki!

Welcome Kuroyama. It's a good thing you got out of there with just yourself, let alone a guitar, but good choice!

Now that I've updated your status, go share your story with the rest of everyone in the main "General" section.

Damon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)