The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Applause AE128 transducer help/info

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

creekster52
Posted 2011-03-20 4:12 AM (#1873)
Subject: Applause AE128 transducer help/info

Hi everyone!

I have an Applause AE128. I tried lowering the action by reducing the bottom side of the compensated saddle. As I removed the saddle from the bridge, I was expecting to find a simple ribbon type transducer under the saddle, but found it had more components than expected.

When I removed the saddle from the metal "tray" there was a ribbon transducer and a plastic carrier loaded with small metallic pieces (magnets?). These pieces fell out of the carrier. I reinserted them into the carrier, reduced the bottom of the saddle and reassembled everything, also eliminating the shim.

Note: Just removing the shim did not lower the action sufficiently.

When I reassembled everything, the high E & B strings were were muted, and only produced microphonic type tones from those two strings. I removed the assembly again, checked to verify that the "magnets" were all shiny side up (darker side down), and reinstalled the assembly.

Now I get no sound at all from the transducer, so evidently I have something very wrong (LOL).

The following is the current configuration in the saddle slot (from the bottom up):

copper strip
metal tray
plastic carrier w/ magnets
ribbon transducer
plastic bridge

Can anyone tell me what I may have assembled incorrectly?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2011-03-21 1:31 PM (#1874 - in reply to #1873)
Subject: Re: Applause AE128 transducer help/info

Hi Creekster,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've never had one of those style pickups, but now that I've updated your status, feel free to ask the general consortium in the main "General" area.

Damon
creekster52
Posted 2011-03-21 2:43 PM (#1875 - in reply to #1873)
Subject: Re: Applause AE128 transducer help/info

Thanks Damon67!

I have emailed Ovation about my problem. If I do not hear from them soon, I will move my post to General Posting.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)