The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Sticky What is my guitar worth?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Reference and (F)requently (A)sked (Q)uestionsMessage format

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2013-02-10 1:00 PM (#465148)
Subject: What is my guitar worth?

Q: What is my Ovation guitar worth?

A: This is probably the most frequently asked question, and the hardest to answer. Worth is very subjective and changes rapidly with fickle markets. What something ultimately is worth is a combination of what one person is willing to pay versus what another person is willing to accept. Many factors, not the least of which is the actual condition of the guitar, will affect the selling price. There are so many other factors involved in pricing a musical instrument. Is is collectable? Is it rare? Is it popular?

The best way to get an idea of what your guitar might sell for is to use the "Completed Auctions" feature of eBay Search to see what similar models have sold for recently. Other online resources include www.gbase.com and www.guitarlist.com. Your best bet, unless you need it appraised for insurance or other reasons, is to try and ask yourself "How much is this instrument worth to me?" More value related resources include the "The Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars" and "The Blue Book of Electric Guitars" both edited by S. P. Fjestad and available in paperback by Gurney Brown. There is also the software version "The S-Book of Guitars" by S. P. Fjestad.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)