The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Hello to all the Ovationistas and Ovationistos!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

OvertOvationObsession
Posted 2011-03-14 4:50 PM (#1900)
Subject: Hello to all the Ovationistas and Ovationistos!

Hello All,

My Name is Freddy Howard, and I've been an Ovation fan for years. It's really refreshing to find such an informative and fun/good natured group of apprecianados/fans/and fanatics.

I currently own 3 Ovation guitars, a 1974 Custom Balladeer, A mid 80's Balladeer 12 string, and for the dirty work.. a nice road worn viper, maple, maple, maple with the solid chrome bridge tho I've lost the original tone and volume knobs. Also, the tone control is intermittent, and seems to cut out in certain areas of it's turning range. I've tried contact cleaner, and checked all the solder joints, but still have dead spots? Can I get replacement tone/volume potentiometers for this guitar as they are not like others that I've seen before. are any replacements available from Ovation or some other supplier?

Thanks in Advance for any help! also, may I please have acess to the rest of the forum?

Thanks,

Fred
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Damon67
Posted 2011-03-14 5:34 PM (#1901 - in reply to #1900)
Subject: Re: Hello to all the Ovationistas and Ovationistos!

Hello Ox3,

Welcome to the OFC.

It's quite possible they may have some of these at the factory (call/email customer service), and it's also highly probable there are members here that can help too.

You'll get more help in the main parts of the forum, so I've updated your status to allow posting everywhere. I'm not sure if the General section, or the For Sale section is best for your request. Maybe start in General

Damon
OvertOvationObsession
Posted 2011-03-14 10:26 PM (#1902 - in reply to #1900)

Thank You!

You're apparently the King of the Red Blanket around here! some VERY nice Ovations and Adamii and others you seem to have been blessed with.

Thanks Again!
Fred
JJuk
Posted 2011-04-29 11:26 AM (#1903 - in reply to #1900)

I have an early 80's Blonde Maple Viper with Rosewood fretboard. I contacted the factory to find volume and tone knobs. They told me to try this forum. And so my search begins.

When I bought this gtr new, I thought the over-sized knobs looks a little "playschool" so I replaced them. Only recently, have a gained an appreciation for that classic look and I'm kicking myself for not keeping the originals in the case.

I've searched StewMac.com and other suppliers with no luck. If you find a supplier, Fred, please share.

Creatively,
Justin
moody, p.i.
Posted 2011-04-29 12:24 PM (#1904 - in reply to #1900)

Justin,

I think I've got a couple and I'm not that far from you. Shoot me an email (moody.pi@cox.net) and I'll check this weekend.
Damon67
Posted 2011-04-29 1:39 PM (#1905 - in reply to #1900)

Those knobs are worth their weight in gold these days. Paul, you're a swell guy.
JJuk
Posted 2011-05-07 10:47 PM (#1906 - in reply to #1900)

WOW! Thanks! Just emailed you.

All the best!
Justin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)