The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Just got my ole Anniversary 1657-7 Back from the Mothership

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Jimmer
Posted 2013-07-19 2:16 PM (#473465)
Subject: Just got my ole Anniversary 1657-7 Back from the Mothership

I think I mentioned in another post that I gave my daughter my ole Anniversary 1657-7. Well in the 30 years that I've owned it I've never had any work done on it (except by me). It's always had a buzz problem on the high E string (a piece of plastic on the saddle kept it from buzzing) that got worse. Also the low E seemed to loose some of its sound quality and kind of just sounded like "thud"...at least to me.

Well living here in CT it's just an hour or so drive on up to the Mothership. I dropped her off with John and figured it would be a few weeks. But lo and behold they fixed er up in just a week. They dressed the frets, checked the general setup and neck adjustment, put on new strings and put in a new saddle and most of the electronics. The price was quite reasonable for the amount of work they did considering they didn't originally plan on replacing the saddle and electronics. In fact they didn't charge me anymore then originally quoted.

Anyway the guitar plays like a dream now. And I think the sounds is much improved. I suspect that the old saddle wasn't making proper contact with the top. The bass is so rich and I hate to admit it but the bottom end sounds better than my Martin. Playing up the neck there's no comparison. I don't know what they used on the finish but it looks fantastic. I'll have to take some nicer pics with my good camera. Here's one I took with my iPhone. All in all they did a fantastic job.

Edited by Jimmer 2013-07-19 2:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2013-07-19 3:51 PM (#473468 - in reply to #473465)
Subject: Re: Just got my ole Anniversary 1657-7 Back from the Mothership

Beautiful. I've always loved the Herringbone purfling on these. I think it's the only Ovation with that except for maybe the 2010LTD?
Darkbar
Posted 2013-07-19 4:53 PM (#473470 - in reply to #473465)

Gorgeous.....what a nice, warm color

Edited by BobG 2013-07-19 4:54 PM
Patch
Posted 2013-07-20 10:24 PM (#473483 - in reply to #473465)
Subject: RE: Just got my ole Anniversary 1657-7 Back from the Mothership

Great guitars!

I've got one with a busted top that's waiting for funds to repair it. I'd be seriously impatient if I wasn't broke!

Congrats!
TOPDOGJIM
Posted 2013-07-21 5:46 PM (#473498 - in reply to #473465)
Subject: RE: Just got my ole Anniversary 1657-7 Back from the Mothership

Jimmer - 2013-07-19 2:16 PM

I think I mentioned in another post that I gave my daughter my ole Anniversary 1657-7. Well in the 30 years that I've owned it I've never had any work done on it (except by me). It's always had a buzz problem on the high E string (a piece of plastic on the saddle kept it from buzzing) that got worse. Also the low E seemed to loose some of its sound quality and kind of just sounded like "thud"...at least to me.

Well living here in CT it's just an hour or so drive on up to the Mothership. I dropped her off with John and figured it would be a few weeks. But lo and behold they fixed er up in just a week. They dressed the frets, checked the general setup and neck adjustment, put on new strings and put in a new saddle and most of the electronics. The price was quite reasonable for the amount of work they did considering they didn't originally plan on replacing the saddle and electronics. In fact they didn't charge me anymore then originally quoted.

Anyway the guitar plays like a dream now. And I think the sounds is much improved. I suspect that the old saddle wasn't making proper contact with the top. The bass is so rich and I hate to admit it but the bottom end sounds better than my Martin. Playing up the neck there's no comparison. I don't know what they used on the finish but it looks fantastic. I'll have to take some nicer pics with my good camera. Here's one I took with my iPhone. All in all they did a fantastic job.

Nice looking guitar, what part of CT are you from? I live in South Windsor
Damon67
Posted 2013-07-22 3:22 PM (#473522 - in reply to #473465)

That's the one I picked when I decided I could keep only one A-braced pre/Kaman bar. The 1619 and 1617s went bye bye. It's very unique to the rest of the Legend line.

Congrats on your renewed love. Those folks in New Hartford do awesome work... tops in the industry!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)