The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Can I repair a FET pickup?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

johninfrance
Posted 2011-03-09 4:44 PM (#1933)
Subject: Can I repair a FET pickup?

Hello everybody, bonjour from France! My question concerns the bridge pickup on the ( at least) second hand Country Artist 1624 I bought recently. The guitar was made in 1984 according to the serial number. Despite a few problems ( crack in the varnish, neck out of shape, machine head buttons broken ) I decided to buy it and do what I could to put it back into good health. I discovered that the bridge pickup did not fully transmit the virations of the top E string, all the other strings were correctly amplified.

A guitar shop "expert" said it was probably because the pickup was not on a perfectly flat base but he could fix it. I decided to ignore his advice and managed to buy from Fender France a new pickup which plugs into the existing preamp and works perfectly.

My question is, is there any way to repair the old pick up, either to be able to sell it or fit it into another guitar?

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)