The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Geezzzzz - anything to get the fret buzz off the top of the list...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> The Adamas GuitarMessage format

Carl in LA
Posted 2013-10-01 2:50 PM (#476616)
Subject: Geezzzzz - anything to get the fret buzz off the top of the list...

It's been there for a month.

Here is my Adamas content... We are having an extended dry spell out here in LA... humidity has been in the 30% range for a week and half... had to give up waiting for moisture in the air to return...

Soooooo... gave up and put the wood guitars back in their cases with humdifiers.

You know where this is going. Yep - the only guitars on the stands ready to play are the carbon fiber wonders.

No humidity? No problem!

Best to all,

Carl
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark in Boise
Posted 2013-10-01 3:13 PM (#476618 - in reply to #476616)
Subject: Re: Geezzzzz - anything to get the fret buzz off the top of the list...

We were down under 10% this summer, but it stayed fairly humid down in the basement, where the guitars are. I had a fret buzz at the higher frets on the LAV Koa for months and was thinking about maybe getting around to doing something about it. Then last night I picked it up and the buzz was gone. It's been really humid lately. The weather changes make a lot more difference with some guitars than others.
Geostorm98
Posted 2013-10-02 5:01 AM (#476632 - in reply to #476618)
Subject: Re: Geezzzzz - anything to get the fret buzz off the top of the list...

I'm wondering if some humidity would straighten out the floating fb extension on my Adamas....?
MWoody
Posted 2013-10-02 4:45 PM (#476645 - in reply to #476616)

Geostorm,
So much depends on the humidity as much as the inherant grain in the woods. It can be nearly impossible to predict exactly what will move (or not move) with a little applied heat or additional moisture.

try a little... and see what happens. Just don't try to fix it all overnight.
standing
Posted 2013-10-14 3:48 PM (#477969 - in reply to #476616)

Geostorm,
YES, humidity will help. We've got abundant humidity here, send it to me for an extended vacation. (It shouldn't take more than a year or two.)

Geostorm98
Posted 2013-10-16 5:13 AM (#477991 - in reply to #477969)

What a friendly bunch - several have offered to take it under their wing for an extended period. Thanks to all.

It's still at the Mothership where I assume they are performing the ritual floating fretboard ghost dance chant to straighten it out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)