The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Help! OP24+ Troubleshooting.....St. Paddy's Gig soon!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

fitz78
Posted 2011-03-01 12:18 PM (#2011)
Subject: Help! OP24+ Troubleshooting.....St. Paddy's Gig soon!

I was practicing for an upcoming St. Pat's Gig when my 1997 Ovation Standard Balladier 1861 just cut out on the PA system. At first I thought it was a bad cord, but then found that when I wiggled the preamp the sound would cut in and out.

I was hoping it was just a loose connection...I was able to remove the preamp inside the guitar and see that there is a power connection to the battery, one for the mic on the bowl, and one to the 1/4" jack connection.

The battery connection did seem to have some give to it....I have not had time to test with amplifier yet with preamp removed and still inside of bowl.

Any thought? Is it time to replace the OP24+? I have played the hell out of this guitar over the years and just had the neck adjusted, bridge dropped, and 5 frets replaced. My parents got it for me for my high school graduation years ago and after the fix of the action have fallen in love with it all over again....that was two weeks ago...NOW I have electrical problems and a gig in 2.5 weeks!

I just want to get on top of this in case I have to order a new preamp. Is there also an upgrade possible w/o disrupting the bowl?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE!!!

Bob Fitz
Chicago, IL
Top of the page Bottom of the page
titti
Posted 2011-03-01 1:35 PM (#2012 - in reply to #2011)
Subject: Re: Help! OP24+ Troubleshooting.....St. Paddy's Gig soon!

....I would have for you a new op-50 with the can, but I live in Italy, you do not agree,I'm very sorry
:(
Mark in Boise
Posted 2011-03-01 2:15 PM (#2013 - in reply to #2011)

I just had a similar problem on a new preamp. It was just a bad contact with the battery. That sort of stuff happens with electricity, so a new one won't necessarily be better in that regard. If you like the OP24+ and it turns out to be just a loose wire, tighten it and use it.
The new preamps are a different shape, so unless Ovation still has a new OP24 to sell you, it will require cutting the bowl.
Damon67
Posted 2011-03-07 3:50 PM (#2014 - in reply to #2011)

fitz78, welcome.

I don't have an answer for you, but I've updated your status so you can ask the question in the main forum.

Damon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)